Brees vs Trubisky hmmmm

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Mitch is gonna get a throwing shoulder injury, be a high risk FA signing and become a hall of famer on a new team. I knew it.

Southside

Liked Posts:
I cringe when people copare Mitch to Brees because I feel like people only do it because that fool Ryan Pace compared the two. Let's be honest.

Brees started 3 years at Purdue and when he left for the NFL, he was the Big 10's all-time leader in yards, touchdowns, and completions. It's like people forgot who he was and the foundation that he came from. The only thing Mitch has ever had over him is height. I'm tired of Mitch and Brees being mentioned together, Mitch is like the 3rd best QB in his OWN conference.

It's crazy how people are so quick to put Brees and Truebust in the same conversation for ANYTHING. Brees was more accomplished, mechanically better, and had a higher football IQ than Trubisky the MOMENT he came into the league. Brees' numbers in San Diego and Mitch's numbers side-by-side dont tell the story, and doesn't reflect the fact that Trubisky has rudimentary limitations and Brees had a core foundational skillset which made him an all-time great after he left San Diego.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cringe when people copare Mitch to Brees because I feel like people only do it because that fool Ryan Pace compared the two. Let's be honest.

Brees started 3 years at Purdue and when he left for the NFL, he was the Big 10's all-time leader in yards, touchdowns, and completions. It's like people forgot who he was and the foundation that he came from. The only thing Mitch has ever had over him is height. I'm tired of Mitch and Brees being mentioned together, Mitch is like the 3rd best QB in his OWN conference.

It's crazy how people are so quick to put Brees and Truebust in the same conversation for ANYTHING. Brees was more accomplished, mechanically better, and had a higher football IQ than Trubisky the MOMENT he came into the league. Brees' numbers in San Diego and Mitch's numbers side-by-side dont tell the story, and doesn't reflect the fact that Trubisky has rudimentary limitations and Brees had a core foundational skillset which made him an all-time great after he left San Diego.

This makes zero sense. Brees was all but given up on in San Diego, hence the reason they drafted Rivers. If he had actually shown everything what you said in his 1st 3 years, they wouldn't have drafted Rivers. Some "core foundational skillset" he had that prompted the SD management to spend a high pick on a QB. This is some mental gymnastics. "Brees was so good in San Diego that they only drafted Rivers because they wanted him to be a clipboard holder."

Brees career changed when he learned to basically look off the safety every play, which was after they drafted Rivers. He didn't do that early in his career but its his bread & butter for the better part of his last 14 years.