Broncos or Panthers: Which defense would you take in Super Bowl 50?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Couldn't you have just asked this in one of the other threads?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Rivera and Phillips are two of the best defensive minds in the game. Wade is faced with a much tougher task game planning for newtons ability with his legs. Going to be great to watch two great defenses. Hopefully the bears could get back to being a dominant defense soon.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rivera and Phillips are two of the best defensive minds in the game. Wade is faced with a much tougher task game planning for newtons ability with his legs. Going to be great to watch two great defenses. Hopefully the bears could get back to being a dominant defense soon.

Thanks for responding about the "D" factor in this game.

Your right Denver will have a much tougher time defending Newton's "dual-threat" capability......than the Panthers will hve with Manning.
I do wonder how Cam will hold up vs Von Miller and Ware

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Thanks for responding about the "D" factor in this game.

Your right Denver will have a much tougher time defending Newton's "dual-threat" capability......than the Panthers will hve with Manning.
I do wonder how Cam will hold up vs Von Miller and Ware

I think he's going to hold up well. I expect the Panthers to win convincingly.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Both are awesome but I would take the Broncos defense if given a choice. An argument can be made for either but the Broncos have a better pass rush and a more complete secondary. If you game-plan for Von Miller you leave yourself open to Ware, Jackson, and Wolfe. Beyond the starters the Broncos have Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett coming in fresh on rotation. Add in a secondary with Talib, Chris Harris and TJ Ward and a LB core with Marshall and Trevathan and you really couldn't ask for a better defense.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Both are awesome but I would take the Broncos defense if given a choice. An argument can be made for either but the Broncos have a better pass rush and a more complete secondary. If you game-plan for Von Miller you leave yourself open to Ware, Jackson, and Wolfe. Beyond the starters the Broncos have Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett coming in fresh on rotation. Add in a secondary with Talib, Chris Harris and TJ Ward and a LB core with Marshall and Trevathan and you really couldn't ask for a better defense.

But which "D"...in your opinion will have it easier of defending the "O", if any

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd give it to the Broncos by a bit. Von Miller is a beast and his buddies are damn good also.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd give it to the Broncos by a bit. Von Miller is a beast and his buddies are damn good also.

Well I thought Brady wouda' faired better....but he didn't. He was hit a lot. Can Denver's "D" duplicate that vs Cam.....in your opinion

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah.....that's what my friends say too.

How do u think Manning will do vs the Panther "D"? Does he even have a chance

I'd say...he has an uphill battle. I don't like his chances. I expect something like panthers 30 broncos 13

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd say...he has an uphill battle. I don't like his chances. I expect something like panthers 30 broncos 13

ummmm.....wonder if Manning will go through what happened in SB 48 vs Seattle. I wonder if da Panthers "D" is better than that Seattle "D"

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
analyze it how ever you want.
Denver wont lose this game no matter what.
.its useless to compare /contrast anything

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
On D, gotta go with the Broncos. Carolina has a tendency to fade late in the game. Despite their great record, there were a lot of games where they just barely managed to hold on to significant leads.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
But which "D"...in your opinion will have it easier of defending the "O", if any

If we are comparing offense then I would say Panthers. The Panthers D will have it easier with the Broncos O IMO, but I also don't think the Broncos D will have too many problems with any O if they continue to play the way they have. The Panthers looked dominant against AZ but if you look at how that defense is built it isn't surprising. Cardinals are a small fast D that is tough to throw on but susceptible to getting run on and while they have a strong secondary they lack pass rush.

Broncos D is a different animal. They get to the QB as well as they cover down field and they stop the run. I would take that defense over any in the league at this point.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
run and shoot;2398980[SIZE=5 said:
]I wonder why Denver didn't beat the Pats by more[/SIZE].....wonder if the SB will be a low-scoring affair.

Cause they don't have the Peyton Manning of age 36 and younger.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
Denver has a better defense all around. They are able to match up with any team and play stout against the run and pass. They hit hard and aren't afraid to get dirty. Game planning against Wade Phillips is no easy task, even with Cam Newton.
On the flip side. Carolina's D matches up perfectly against Denver's O. Keuchly will limit Manning's middle routes. Demarius Thomas has stone hands lately and can be shut out of games.
If the Denver D can duplicate their performance against the Pats, they will win. If Manning has to carry the team, Panthers win.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panthers vs a statue or Broncos vs Cam.. I'll take the Panthers vs the statue for 1000 alex.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Was going to go with Denver. Need to see injury report. Looked like they lost a couple defensive players vs. NE. Not sure how severe.