Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace should be looking to acquire
Well lets hope he was looking to set this up to acquire in the first place...sorta hey...theres a peach tree we could shake sort of idea...see if you can get that loose peach to fall all the way out of favor. Smart Pace. But it had to be done.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well in the case of someone with legit mental issues like Gordon, not sure it is that simple. Rich people still become mentally ill and throwing money at the problem doesn't necessarily fix it.
Seeking professional medical help can. Brandon Marshall is an example. He had issues and struggled with them throughout his career but got help and was able to control his demons enough to have a long profitable career.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely agree with your post, but was Josh Gordon every involved in domestic violence or altercations at a bar? I thought he just liked to smoke a little weed to help calm himself. That's pretty minor compared to the stuff Hunt has been involved in although the league apparently thinks woman beaters are OK, but tokers need to be banished forever.

In a sobering interview with GQ, Gordon admitted that he used to get drunk or high before pretty much every game that he played in during his first three seasons with the Browns.

"I would have these little pre-made shots," Gordon told GQ. "I used to love Grand Marnier. I could drink it down smooth. I could usually drink a lot of it. But if it wasn't that, it might be a whiskey or something. And I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up, basically. To get the motor running. That's what I would do for games."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seeking professional medical help can. Brandon Marshall is an example. He had issues and struggled with them throughout his career but got help and was able to control his demons enough to have a long profitable career.

Yes everyone's mental issues are not the same. Just because one person overcame them doesn't mean another person will.

Gordon has sort professional help many times but it is not like if you throw enough money at the problem it will be fixed.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Looking forward to watching the Browns this season. God knows Cleveland deserves some good mojo, but I think the Browns will most likely be an underachieving train wreck with moments of brilliance and an abundance of dysfunction.