Bulls sign Thaddeus Young

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Thaddeus usually plays well against the bulls. Randle played well against the bulls, so at least we have one that have an idea of how they have to go about defending when you are a bull.

Look at Randle, Signs in new york, thinks its one place he can start and get playing time, then they go and get Taj Gibson and Bobby Portis.

You gotta wonder if some of these verbal commitments end up going away and moving on from teams.

My only question with Satoransky is how the Wizards let him walk with no real PG on their team now.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wizards signed Isaiah Thomas and Ish Smith so they have PGs technically

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't Tomas supposed to be a pass first guy? ive never even heard of him, so i don't know.

But what ive read he sounds more like a traditional point guard.
Well...young guys don't usually shoot great...and his shot could stand to rotate back more, it floats a bit, but he shows potential in that area and has a chris paul shot selection...only when both the time and shot are right.

He is more organized than what we have had recently...and of Rubio/Ball/Tomas I think his shot has most long term potential, which isn't exactly a fair competition of any meaning...but I think he can get his shot off with length and it poses danger on a level Ball can never reach unless he rebuilt his shot

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wizards signed Isaiah Thomas and Ish Smith so they have PGs technically

Isaiah is a shooter, he is just too short to be called a shooting guard. My point was, why didn't washington want him anymore that allowed him to leave for a measly 10 million? He was productive for them and Thomas is a locker room cancer and how many of us had to google Ish Smith?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well...young guys don't usually shoot great...and his shot could stand to rotate back more, it floats a bit, but he shows potential in that area and has a chris paul shot selection...only when both the time and shot are right.

He is more organized than what we have had recently...and of Rubio/Ball/Tomas I think his shot has most long term potential.
Tomas has shot at or near 40% from 3 the last couple seasons...not a ton of volume, which probably speaks to the whole shot selection thing, but the percentage is quite good for a young guy.

I guess he's technically not that young...he's already 27 due to his Spanish league experience

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tomas has shot at or near 40% from 3 the last couple seasons...not a ton of volume, which probably speaks to the whole shot selection thing, but the percentage is quite good for a young guy.

I guess he's technically not that young...he's already 27 due to his Spanish league experience
just coming into his prime years...its a great pick-up and cheap...lucky we missed on Ball/Rubio really and White/Lavine will keep teams honest for him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isaiah is a shooter, he is just too short to be called a shooting guard. My point was, why didn't washington want him anymore that allowed him to leave for a measly 10 million? He was productive for them and Thomas is a locker room cancer and how many of us had to google Ish Smith?
I don't feel the need to justify Washington's moves, maybe they felt Tomas wasn't worth 10M a year idk. Or maybe they're just going full tank mode.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't feel the need to justify Washington's moves, maybe they felt Tomas wasn't worth 10M a year idk. Or maybe they're just going full tank mode.
I am not looking to justify anything, just does not seem like alot of money and they still need to get to 90 something to get to the floor. If they want to tank get Dragic back from the heat and drop wall and beal money, they have to take on a few more bad ones.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Luke Kornet was another good pickup. Can’t believe the Knicks cut him and instead gave big money to Randle, Taj and Bobby. Kornet stretches the floor and plays defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see Young as a decent competitive pairing with Otto Porter Jr.

Markenen is the best center for them so thats their small ball.

Tomas and Kornet improve team 3point% which was a need.

Right now they are a 6-9 seed before injuries...but despite the fact they can't get a premiere supermax...

They are gonna need some luck and be available to take-on a project like John Wall, or scoop up the next dynasty you see crumbling.
Like Capella...

whatever Houston requires to release Capella for salary reasons...figure out a way to help them out. They need to get creative to tip the scale now,

but I believe they have actually fielded a competitive squad for once. Took them 3 or 4 years just to get to decent so I don't want to knock it. They could really use WCJ making strides instead of getting surgeries.