Bulls sign Thaddeus Young

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass first PG that can shoot better than Ball.

Probably save the Bulls 3 years of frustration trying to make Ball work, interestingly this player is also 6'7"...

sounds like its 2nd round picks, not Dunn...which is good as Dunn compliments his game and they are both borderline starting PG's in NBA. I'd share as much load between them as possible while still feeding ARchie some development minutes until one clearly emerged deserving of more minutes.

The Wizards went on a little stretch there without Wall and this guy is reason team didn't fall apart without their PG.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
listed pg on the bulls roster

Dunn, Tomas, White, Archie, Shaq Harrison, and Zach Lavine.

I would put Valentine more as a PG than a 2 or 3 as well.

Really seemed like one of them would have had to go.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You can list all of them at PG if you want, but we all know Lavine isn't really a PG and Harrison and Archie are easily expendable G League level players who don't matter and probably wouldn't even be in the rotation if White and Satoransky are healthy.

For better or worse, most of them can be considered combo guards so they could in theory all play with each other anyway. ?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
-Dunn will probably be traded
-LaVine isn't a 1
-Val probably wont even be a good rotational wing moreless a PG
-Shaq Harrison, really?

Both White and Tomas have the size to play SG also.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
But we dont want shoot first combo guards. We want a distributor. You pump White or Dunn out at the 2 and they are just going to shoot all the time anyway.

If Washington is going to be without Wall all year, just traded the guard that did a nice job taking over for him, Beal wants out, they just got Ish Smith to be their depth point guard, and did not want Dunn in the deal, I am not sure anyone will want him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
But we dont want shoot first combo guards. We want a distributor. You pump White or Dunn out at the 2 and they are just going to shoot all the time anyway.

If Washington is going to be without Wall all year, just traded the guard that did a nice job taking over for him, Beal wants out, they just got Ish Smith to be their depth point guard, and did not want Dunn in the deal, I am not sure anyone will want him.
Why are you so adamant about not having a shoot first PG?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clearly the only way basketball can be played is if your PG only looks to pass. It's not like several championships have been won the last several years with a score first PG after all!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Clearly the only way basketball can be played is if your PG only looks to pass. It's not like several championships have been won the last several years with a score first PG after all!
PF's should never shoot three pointers. Nor should centers.

I like my basketball archaic.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’m sure he means specifically for this team. They’re awful at passing. When a 19 year old rookie center is your best passer, there’s issues.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I dont know, watching Derrick rose jack up 35 shots a game, watching Dunn dribble up court and jack up a shot? You need to make the defense move, make the right decision, get your teammates involved.

You simply need to be able to shoot to keep the defense honest, but even Rondo was shooting when he got frustrated from not getting assists when he got the team perfect looks.

Other than the fact that the BULLS SAID THAT WAS WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
PF's should never shoot three pointers. Nor should centers.

I like my basketball archaic.
When you have a center or forward that can play on the block, and you play against teams that want their big bodies 25 feet away from the basket.

Where are the easy rebound and put backs.

This is why I like the young signing, he knows what he can do and does it.

Every new fad in the NBA is not a real answer. Where are the centers jacking up 3's on golden states teams?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I dont know, watching Derrick rose jack up 35 shots a game, watching Dunn dribble up court and jack up a shot? You need to make the defense move, make the right decision, get your teammates involved.

You simply need to be able to shoot to keep the defense honest, but even Rondo was shooting when he got frustrated from not getting assists when he got the team perfect looks.

Other than the fact that the BULLS SAID THAT WAS WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR.
Well you need to be able to shoot to score points. Where did they say that a pass-first PG is what they were looking for? Do you have a link on that?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Every new fad in the NBA is not a real answer.
DeMarcus Cousins shoots 3's, as did Gasol for the Raptors. I didn't quote it, but the idea of put backs you seem confused on.

In any event, to the part that I quoted: you're overvaluing the idea of a statistic being attributed to one position. And it's not really true. If you look the individual statistic it's exceedingly rare to have more than one or two players who average more than 10 assists per game.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It's an ok move. It's not like I don't like Thaddeus Young.

The Bulls are really good at getting players who would be beneficial for a team with one or two superstars...The problem is, we can't land one despite our big market appeal.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's an ok move. It's not like I don't like Thaddeus Young.

The Bulls are really good at getting players who would be beneficial for a team with one or two superstars...The problem is, we can't land one despite our big market appeal.

Maybe they should try having a coach players respect again. Works pretty well for the Clippers, Spurs, etc.

Hell...why aren't the Bulls poaching Walton? Walton circles them back to a Phil Jackson coaching tree with modern offense experience. At least he has connections, a name, and a plan...good attitude...something worth rubbing off on players and the respect of being a former player in the league.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I thought they should have gone after Dave Joeger. ?‍♂️

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

A few years from know many of us won't even remember any of Dunn, Tomas, Archie, or Shaq. They're just scrubs cycling through.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Isn't Tomas supposed to be a pass first guy? ive never even heard of him, so i don't know.

But what ive read he sounds more like a traditional point guard.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From what I've seen of Tomas (which is not a ton) and based on his performance in fantasy (yay contextless stats), he seems like a pretty heady PG, makes good decisions, passes well, shoots good shots, doesn't turn the ball over much. Just seems solid.

Really in a vacuum there's nothing wrong with either the Young or Satoransky signings, both are solid players and you pretty much know what you're getting with them. They're not high profile signings, but no one expected we were going to attract any big name free agents anyway.