Buster Skrine is KILLING IT in training camp!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Remember when all of you wankers thought he was a bad free agent signing, and I was the ONLY ONE who soapboxed for the guy? You guys had already written him off, and I was the lone voice of reason. Thank the Lord that Ryan Pace is the Bears GM, and not any of you idiots. It just proves how much everyone here sucks and how little they actually know about football.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Pouring gasoline on to the fire!

I think Pace did a reasonable job in filling the holes. Dix for Amos, Davis for Howard, Skrine for Callahan, kept Lynch and O'Donnell. It was interesting to me reading the "grades" for the signings, as they were typical NFL media fluff.

Of all the new signings, Skrine was the only guy who had been consistently productive for his entire career. He is a veteran NB brought in to play NB. Yet he was the guy getting the lowest grade, even to a D level. Strange.

My grades for the new FA signings would have been Skrine = B, Dix = C+, Patterson = C, Davis = C. But that's kind of the opposite as to how the media sees it. Oh well.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I definitely didn't cape as hard as @Rory Sparrow did for Skrine but I do remember when I said the Skrine signing will be just fine I got about 7-8 PMs from meatballs threatening to come over to my house and kill me. Boy were those idiots wrong.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Please revisit this once you have at least 2 years of vociferous posting supporting Mr. Skrine. TIA.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Please revisit this once you have at least 2 years of vociferous posting supporting Mr. Skrine. TIA.

I remember making threads back in 2017 that urged the Bears to acquire Buster Skrine any way possible, but all of my old posts were deleted the last time I was banned. Sad day in the annals of CCS. All of my "Patrick Mahomes is the next Dan Marino!" draft threads were deleted, too.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And to preempt the people who will say shit about him being a penalty machine, the vast majority of that happened when he was playing outside. Playing NB he was much, much better.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skrine was the best nickel corner Nagy had seen, that is until Nagy watched Shelley swallow a couple dudes today. Shelley and Skrine both are sticky now. Good problems to have

wait..... What??

That seems like a mouthful.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when all of you wankers thought he was a bad free agent signing, and I was the ONLY ONE who soapboxed for the guy? You guys had already written him off, and I was the lone voice of reason. Thank the Lord that Ryan Pace is the Bears GM, and not any of you idiots. It just proves how much everyone here sucks and how little they actually know about football.

There is a lot of meat head-hating and fan-boy excesses. But there is some insight and intelligence, too. An NFL team fan board one assumes better understanding but that is not always accurate. Ah, it keeps thins entertaining.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks