Buster Skrine

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Skrine, who was signed by Ryan Pace to replace fan-favorite Bryce Callahan in the nickel role, has fared well so far under Chuck Pagano. He's played 241 snaps and has a better coverage grade from Pro Football Focus than Fuller. He also leads the defense with the lowest percentage of targets caught by his receiver (63%). The Bears could do a lot worse than Skrine at this point in the season.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Pace continually proves himself on the defensive side of the ball! He will be here a long time if he recognizes his short comings on the offensive side of the ball and gives up a lot of those responsibilities to someone that is more capable of evaluating talent.

i Do fear that he may have too big of an ego to do this and will eventually be his downfall.

the same could be said for Nagy’s playcalling. It’s got to be much harder to manage games with him calling plays. I read an article about head coaches of the past and they said they couldn’t properly be a head coach if they called plays because they need to be able to evaluate the game and help with adjustments as they just don’t have the time to concentrate while calling plays.

it makes sense but at the same time most of these guys have too big of an ego and worry too much about their own jobs.

i could be wrong but I think there’s something to this philosophy.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lot of people here were really down on that signing.
Too many people were focused on his penalties, that mostly occurred when he was forced to play outside. He has historically been a really good NB. I thought he would be good, but he's been better than expected.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'm impressed that he's kept the PI calls to a minimum. That was my only real concern with the signing. He's played well

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Shows what being apart of a good defense does for someone instead of needing to overcompensate.

Skrine has been playing lights out.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mean while Bryce Callahan hasn’t played one snap due to that foot injury.
so I am wondering if Callahan is placed on injured reserve, does that impact the comp picks at all?