Bye Week Blues?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually hate bye weeks that come this freaking early, but the more I think about it the more I realize this might be a perfect time for them.

The Bears are 2 points away from being 4-0 and are one of the hottest teams in the league. We have the #1 defense in the NFL and possibility of a top 10 offense. A huge, emotional, win yesterday and the Bears are literally on fire. Literally.

Perhaps this bye is what the Bears need to regain focus and slow things down. I understand the importance of a hot streak and letting it ride and not killing momentum, but perhaps this young team needs to spend a few weeks in the film room reviewing why they have been so spectacular.

My hope is that Nagy and Co can use these two weeks as an opportunity to remind their team that Super Bowls aren't won in the regular season. I hope they focus hard on the fundamentals of football and this new system and really solidify everything that has been thrown at them since OTAs and use the bye as a springboard on their march to the playoffs. Slow it down, Nagy, and continue driving your philosophy into the players both physically and mentally. Don't let them get too emotional and keep them focused on big goals.

It's going to be a long two weeks, but boys, it's going to be so worth it. The Bears are back, baby!

BEAR DOWN!

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
One nice thing about the bye is that the secondary was getting banged up. Prince and Cooper should both (hopefully) be ready to go against Miami.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, injuries are starting to mount. In addition, I am pleasantly surprised Kyle Long is still standing.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Too bad it's not like baseball. I wanted yesterday to be a double-header as they were so fun to watch I didn't want it to end, especially knowing we'd have to wait 2 weeks to see them again.

And before some moron doesn't understand tongue-n-cheek I realize football is far too physically demanding to play 2.

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
This two weeks off happens to be a wonderful time to investigate deals on hotels in Atlanta, Georgia, for us fans. I mean, nobody really goes to Atlanta in February but this year may be a bit different.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I usually hate bye weeks that come this freaking early, but the more I think about it the more I realize this might be a perfect time for them.

The Bears are 2 points away from being 4-0 and are one of the hottest teams in the league. We have the #1 defense in the NFL and possibility of a top 10 offense. A huge, emotional, win yesterday and the Bears are literally on fire. Literally.

Perhaps this bye is what the Bears need to regain focus and slow things down. I understand the importance of a hot streak and letting it ride and not killing momentum, but perhaps this young team needs to spend a few weeks in the film room reviewing why they have been so spectacular.

My hope is that Nagy and Co can use these two weeks as an opportunity to remind their team that Super Bowls aren't won in the regular season. I hope they focus hard on the fundamentals of football and this new system and really solidify everything that has been thrown at them since OTAs and use the bye as a springboard on their march to the playoffs. Slow it down, Nagy, and continue driving your philosophy into the players both physically and mentally. Don't let them get too emotional and keep them focused on big goals.

It's going to be a long two weeks, but boys, it's going to be so worth it. The Bears are back, baby!

BEAR DOWN!

I knew since before the season began that the Bears would have to face a bye week. Didn't expect it to be this early though. I hope they come out the other side ready to continue strip-sacking, passing for TDs and shovelpassing for TDs, and maybe even have some new tricks up their sleeves? They had two QBs at once on a couple of plays, why not try a third in there? They have a whole extra week to sign someone and draw up the play design, would make sense to get that locked down and buckled up for Miami.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
A couple of tricks plays by Nagy is to be expected. I'm sure Kyle Long will be running the rock on the goal line at some point after that T-Formation play they ran to kick off the season against the pack. Can I say it? May I type it?

#BUCKLEUP

Visionman

Liked Posts:

BEAR DOWN!

That's definitely not the preferred way to celebrate. Beats a partyboat, however...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I actually wish it was a few weeks later, if I'm being honest.