Calling all Blackstone Griddle chefs! (or other griddle brands)

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've had my Blackstone for several months now and as expected I love it. So far I've cooked breakfast (like... a lot of breakfast), fish fillets, pork chops, flank steak, hibatchi steak/chicken with fried rice, philly cheese steaks and smash burgers. I know there's some of you out there that have had this thing a lot longer than I and have probably accumulated a list of quality meal ideas and/or recipes. I wanted to start this thread to see what other's experiences have been and swap some stories/recipes. What's your favorite thing to cook on a griddle?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thinking of buying one so following this closely.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thinking of buying one so following this closely.

You just missed out on a Christmas sale that Walmart was running. They had the new 3 burner 28" Blackstone and stand for $120!! Keep an eye out for Walmarts trying to get rid of inventory. Especially in northern states.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I just got mine for Christmas and have yet to use it. Can’t wait for breakfast outside on the back deck.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've had my Blackstone for several months now and as expected I love it. So far I've cooked breakfast (like... a lot of breakfast), fish fillets, pork chops, flank steak, hibatchi steak/chicken with fried rice, philly cheese steaks and smash burgers. I know there's some of you out there that have had this thing a lot longer than I and have probably accumulated a list of quality meal ideas and/or recipes. I wanted to start this thread to see what other's experiences have been and swap some stories/recipes. What's your favorite thing to cook on a griddle?
I have found a removable lid for it as well.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just got mine for Christmas and have yet to use it. Can’t wait for breakfast outside on the back deck.

If you like hashbrowns... this guy knows what he's talkin about when it comes to cooking them.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i bought one a few years back and have yet to use it. Gotta get the rust off and give it a try.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've got a Camp Chef 2 burner, and a cast iron griddle I can slide on top of it. Love the thing. They also make a dedicated flat top, but I love the portability and versatility of the one I bought.

Specifically this:

Plus this:

Last edited:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've got a Camp Chef 2 burner, and a cast iron griddle I can slide on top of it. Love the thing. They also make a dedicated flat top, but I love the portability and versatility of the one I bought.

What’s your favorite thing to cook? (That isn’t breakfast)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What’s your favorite thing to cook? (That isn’t breakfast)
Honestly that's about all I've done on the griddle (besides smash burgers), but I've used the camp stove for all sorts of stuff since it's basically a stove burner. This thread has got me thinking though. I should experiment with some shit.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't own one of those things. No room anymore. But my brother had something similar, and I loved doing things like teppanyaki, and egg foo young. The extra real estate is great for dishes like that.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm gonna page @HeHateMe for some ideas. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Cubans, cheese steaks, quesadillas, asian stir fry (so many potential protein / veg / sauce combos here), flatbreads, etc.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna page @HeHateMe for some ideas. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Cubans, cheese steaks, quesadillas, asian stir fry (so many potential protein / veg / sauce combos here), flatbreads, etc.
I dont have one of these yet but if I did, basically just a bigger canvas than a big cast iron skillet, with a lot more heat right?

I'd buy that fake butter grease they use at waffle house or probably rather make a homemade healthier one by mixing bacon fat and some ultra high smoking point oil, and make giant hashbrown omelets (put griddled fillings and cheese in between two crispy hash brown layers) for sure.

Smash burgers, but fan out some shredded cheese on top so it crusts around the outside of the beef?

That's all I got rn but i guess i would probably get all spongebob with it getting my slinging and flipping skills on point

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont have one of these yet but if I did, basically just a bigger canvas than a big cast iron skillet, with a lot more heat right?

I'd buy that fake butter grease they use at waffle house or probably rather make a homemade healthier one by mixing bacon fat and some ultra high smoking point oil, and make giant hashbrown omelets (put griddled fillings and cheese in between two crispy hash brown layers) for sure.

Smash burgers, but fan out some shredded cheese on top so it crusts around the outside of the beef?

That's all I got rn but i guess i would probably get all spongebob with it getting my slinging and flipping skills on point

Sounds like you are referring to ghee, otherwise known as clarified butter. Ghee has a smoke point of 450. Normal butter has a smoke point of 350.