Calling all Guitar players

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am putting together a pedal board for my daughter and her 1950's Stratocaster...

I need some recos on pedals and effects anyone uses.

I have a non-daisy chained power supply a Behringer Compressor/Limiter so far and a vintage delay pedal.

I am looking for a wah wah pedal, distortion, tube amp modeler, chorus and any other suggestions...

I have yet to put my bass pedal board together. Any suggestions on that would be welcome.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tonebone Radial JX2. It's a gain boost if you choose to use it, and a channel/amp switcher as well.....Try one, and you will buy it.../ https://www.radialeng.com/product/switchbone-aby

BBE Sonic Stomp...Its not an effect, but it's a tone enhancer..Works wonders by fattening up your tone..I have an older model thats not being made anymore, but there are plenty of new models to choose from..I even have a rack mounted model for our PA
http://www.bbesound.com/products/stomp-boxes/Sonic-Stomp_SS-92.aspx

I also use some Boss pedals like their Digital Delay, and Blues Driver etc...readily accessible

If you're looking for truly amazing delay, spend the bucks and buy either a vintage Gibson Echoplex https://reverb.com/item/26097258-maestro-echoplex-ep4-tape-echo-vintage or a Fulltone Tape Delay.. https://www.fulltone.com/products/solid-state-tape-echo ..Both are expensive and the Gibson is prone to breakdowns..But the delay is awesome

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tonebone Radial JX2. It's a gain boost if you choose to use it, and a channel/amp switcher as well.....Try one, and you will buy it.../ https://www.radialeng.com/product/switchbone-aby

BBE Sonic Stomp...Its not an effect, but it's a tone enhancer..Works wonders by fattening up your tone..I have an older model thats not being made anymore, but there are plenty of new models to choose from..I even have a rack mounted model for our PA
http://www.bbesound.com/products/stomp-boxes/Sonic-Stomp_SS-92.aspx

I also use some Boss pedals like their Digital Delay, and Blues Driver etc...readily accessible

If you're looking for truly amazing delay, spend the bucks and buy either a vintage Gibson Echoplex https://reverb.com/item/26097258-maestro-echoplex-ep4-tape-echo-vintage or a Fulltone Tape Delay.. https://www.fulltone.com/products/solid-state-tape-echo ..Both are expensive and the Gibson is prone to breakdowns..But the delay is awesome

That fulltone looks and sounds amazing

...might be a little more than I'm willing to spend on my daughter for now

I think I am going to pull a trigger on the sonic stomp....also recommended by my teacher.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
That fulltone looks and sounds amazing

...might be a little more than I'm willing to spend on my daughter for now

I think I am going to pull a trigger on the sonic stomp....also recommended by my teacher.
Yeah..The Fulltone is expensive, and really, the drunks in the bar dont know the difference anyway...lol

do a before and after test on the sonic stomp...Big difference

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lately I've been messing mostly with a Lexicon MPX-100, and a Pro Co RAT with a Tele and Jaguar. Boss delay pedals, and I have moved away from using a compressor. I also kind of like the Ibanez Tube Screamer, but 80-90% of the time, I'm just playing straight into the amp.

The Rat Pro2 looks and sounds good. I am going to go try it out

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah..The Fulltone is expensive, and really, the drunks in the bar dont know the difference anyway...lol

do a before and after test on the sonic stomp...Big difference

probably wind up getting a digital tape delay....some decent ones between 2 and 300

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
probably wind up getting a digital tape delay....some decent ones between 2 and 300
Boss makes a decent one for way less than that..Thats what I use

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have moved on and pretty much stick with my Breedlove acoustic. The whole equipment thing has just become too much of a hassle. My Fishman acoustic amp and guitar, all set up in 3 minutes.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have moved on and pretty much stick with my Breedlove acoustic. The whole equipment thing has just become too much of a hassle. My Fishman acoustic amp and guitar, all set up in 3 minutes.
Man...You are smart!
When I go out to play a job, I bring...
7-8 guitars..I had to engineer and build a rolling cabinet to hold em all while in transport
3 amps
Pedal board
Plus the PA that includes monitors for the band

We purchased a 7x16' trailer just to haul all the crap

At this stage in my life, an acoustic and small amp sounds like fun!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
BD3F2426-2FD9-4F4F-9530-70EA6ECC7759.jpeg
just bought these 2 yesterday to go along with my 1970 Les Paul. I have a mxr distortion, cry baby.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, my band days are long past. I wish they had some of this stuff 20 years ago.

When I first started playing none of this stuff was available..The first "fuzz tone" came out in the mid 60s..I remember that you couldn't even get light gauge strings..You had to put 11's and place em 1 down so the high E was on the B string..Then, you had to buy a banjo string and place it in the high E spot..That was all that was available..The only PA available was a Bogen PA amp with metal speakers like they had at the little league games...Times have changed

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
When I first started playing none of this stuff was available..The first "fuzz tone" came out in the mid 60s..I remember that you couldn't even get light gauge strings..You had to put 11's and place em 1 down so the high E was on the B string..Then, you had to buy a banjo string and place it in the high E spot..That was all that was available..The only PA available was a Bogen PA amp with metal speakers like they had at the little league games...Times have changed
Back in the 70’s I had the big muff distortion box...it was awesome

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back in the 70’s I had the big muff distortion box...it was awesome

I still have the very first distortion device I bought..It was called a "Boss Tone", and it plugged right into your guitar..It was a little, black box with an on/off switch on it..It had 2 adjustment wheels at the top...It still sounds good too.

Remember that thing called the "fuzz face"?..They still make em

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I still have the very first distortion device I bought..It was called a "Boss Tone", and it plugged right into your guitar..It was a little, black box with an on/off switch on it..It had 2 adjustment wheels at the top...It still sounds good too.

Remember that thing called the "fuzz face"?..They still make em
They still make the big muff but it’s a bit cheaper than the fuzz face.