Cam Newton trade rumors

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure how I'd feel about him as a Chicago Bear.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm all for any trade that will get us a better QB with a SB ready defense. All we need is top ten.

But Idk, if Cam's arm is ruined. He didn't look so good the last time I saw him play. And he seems a little crazy now.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love for them to stay loyal and trade Kyle Allen for a 2nd round pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for any trade that will get us a better QB with a SB ready defense. All we need is top ten.

But Idk, if Cam's arm is ruined. He didn't look so good the last time I saw him play. And he seems a little crazy now.
always been a diagnosable level of narcissism. Narcissists feel empowered today to embrace it and you see a few like him and Antonio Brown who have gone off the rails, actually managing to fit their entire head in their anus. Damn impressive back bending.

Last edited:

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Remember when Bobby Portis hit Mirotic and Mirotic went All Star? We need him to do the same to Mitch. Lol.

To the Oline too.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can trade for Newton and cut him in 2020 and it costs you a 2 million dead cap hit.

If they are giving him away I might make the deal and take on the money to see what he looks like and if he can get healthy. If not cut him all it costs is 2 million.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think moving Newton from Carolina to a big city like Chicago would bode well for anyone.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You can trade for Newton and cut him in 2020 and it costs you a 2 million dead cap hit.

If they are giving him away I might make the deal and take on the money to see what he looks like and if he can get healthy. If not cut him all it costs is 2 million.

I imagine there will be push back from some fans who prefer a "home grown" QB, but I have no problems doing something similar with what the Eagles did with Foles.

The point is to win a SB. Other players on our roster deserve a GM who will turn all stones to get to a SB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He might be physically cooked, so it would need to come contingent on a physical.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

This fuckin guy? The guy who was inaccurate before his shoulder was fucked?

giphy.gif

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Newton isn't that good folks.

In over 8 seasons only once has Cam Newton (99.4 in 2015) ever exceeded Trubisky's QBR of 95.4 last season.

Likely not much of an upgrade here. Never thrown for that many touchdowns. Can't see using draft capital.

The Bears window isn't closing this season. We probably have 2 more seasons of Mack at a high level.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Running a TE focused offense with no TEs has not been a strategy I have liked.

I think at some point you have to realize who you are, and that is a team that does nothing well offensively.

We are 29th in the league in yards/rush and 30th in yards/pass. I mean what do you do with that?

I have defended Nagy based solely off last year but I am starting to look foolish for doing so. He has to find something that we do well and build off that.

My hope is that upgrading from Long and getting Mitch back will give us a little more life in the run game. Go run heavy with some west coast to keep the chains moving along with some incorporated deep shots.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cams best chance at a superbowl was simply to dive on a loose ball. He will never get that close again.

I will always remember him for one of the weakest moments ever displayed at any level in the history of sport.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
He’s a good leader, but with two shoulder surgeries I would not give them anything, the new owner in Carolina doesn’t seem to like him.