Can Hester Blossom into our Go-To Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Btw, lemme know if you like the new approach and any tips. Thanks again.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overall, not bad. The one thing that I constantly notice in your writings is that you still sound like a young writer (which you are) and there is nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of aspects that you will learn in high school and in college that will teach you to sound like a more professional, established writer. I think you definitely have the potential and you will get a ton of constructive criticism but the most important thing is to not take offense and use it to grow. Like I said before, you definitely possess the potential. But like a coach once told me, potential is only a word until you do something with it. Best of luck in your writing endeavors.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overall, not bad. The one thing that I constantly notice in your writings is that you still sound like a young writer (which you are) and there is nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of aspects that you will learn in high school and in college that will teach you to sound like a more professional, established writer. I think you definitely have the potential and you will get a ton of constructive criticism but the most important thing is to not take offense and use it to grow. Like I said before, you definitely possess the potential. But like a coach once told me, potential is only a word until you do something with it. Best of luck in your writing endeavors.

Thanks dude. I appreciate the kind words man.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'll give a more in-depth opinion after I read it but...."yes he can" blossom. However it's a question of WILL he?

Skimming it, looks solid.

Lefty

Liked Posts:

This.

I too get the feeling from your writings that you are a younger writer, and your articles still have that "message board post" feel to them. Your writing style will definitely evolve over time as your vocabulary and ability to construct flowing sentences and paragraphs increases, so this isn't necessarily something to worry about or consciously work on.

One thing I notice, too, is that you tend to give your thesis, make your argument, then pose a question to the reader to sum it all up ("sounds good, right?" or more general: "am I right?"). Now, this isn't necessarily a bad tool to use (I use it on occasion), but it seems as though you rely too heavily on the reader's answer to the question as validation of your points, rather than making your arguments that culminate in a matter-of-fact conclusion.

Again, this is something that you will learn about over time, but for me you do it a little too much, and it goes a long way in highlighting the "message board" style you have.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Taking that advice from Lefty, I'd suggest hitting up Niemi_No_No and going over an article with him. I did it with my McMahon article and it really...really helped out.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I'll give a more in-depth opinion after I read it but...."yes he can" blossom. However it's a question of WILL he?

Skimming it, looks solid.

Amen to that

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he will never be a go to guy, no reason to even back this up with facts/statistics. It's just plain and simple.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, he will never be a go to guy, no reason to even back this up with facts/statistics. It's just plain and simple.

Care to back this statement up with reasons why he cant? Or are you just going with the typical "He cant because thats the consensus" route? Not really disagreeing with you, but i would like to hear why he cant rather then just a no he cant.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Care to back this statement up with reasons why he cant? Or are you just going with the typical "He cant because thats the consensus" route? Not really disagreeing with you, but i would like to hear why he cant rather then just a no he cant.

There have been almost entire threads devoted to people giving the "why" in "why Devin Hester isn't even an average NFL receiver" :rolleyes:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not even an average NFL receiver...Kind of overdoing it are we?

If its been discussed so much then he shouldnt have a problem giving me a quick rundown on why.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well for one, he's just "fast".

He doesn't have the size, route-running ability, or the hands. Plus putting him in Mike Martz offense, it's going to take a long time for him to learn the playbook, don't expect him to be even close to a number one guy.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Not even an average NFL receiver...Kind of overdoing it are we?

If its been discussed so much then he shouldnt have a problem giving me a quick rundown on why.

Here, you dolt:

Well for one, he's just "fast".

He doesn't have the size, route-running ability, or the hands. Plus putting him in Mike Martz offense, it's going to take a long time for him to learn the playbook, don't expect him to be even close to a number one guy.

More specifically, Hester is really, REALLY dumb. The word coming out of Halas Hall (for years now) is that Devin had a LOT of trouble understanding the West Coast offense, and still had trouble (along with the rest of the wide receivers) in understanding the dumbed down version of the same offense instituted last season.

This has been evidenced (time and time again) by his inability to run the correct routes (both Orton and Cutler had to deal with this), break off his route when he saw the QB was under duress, and the multiple times he has lined up in the wrong position before the snap (Multiple times, Moose had to physically move Hester to the right spot, and the Bears have had to burn countless timeouts because Hester was again out of position).

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
For not even being an average receiver, he's had some pretty nice production I would say.

Imagine how sweet he would be if he could be mediocre. Would that entail a 1,000 yard season?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
For not even being an average receiver, he's had some pretty nice production I would say.

Imagine how sweet he would be if he could be mediocre. Would that entail a 1,000 yard season?

Are you fucking serious? Are you this much of a fucking moron? How many fucking times do people have to explain to you fucking idiots that being the tallest midget on a team that was forcing the pass down everyone's throats does not equate to being a good receiver? Jesus fucking christ.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Nowhere in my post did I state he was good, average, mediocre, or bad. You said he wasn't even an "average" WR. Looking at his statistics, if those mean he isn't average, I can't wait to see what his production looks like when he gets to "mediocre" in your eyes.

Also calm down, you dolt.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Nowhere in my post did I state he was good, average, mediocre, or bad. You said he wasn't even an "average" WR. Looking at his statistics, if those mean he isn't average, I can't wait to see what his production looks like when he gets to "mediocre" in your eyes.

Really, if you can't see how incredibly simplistic and dumb your connection between statistics and "bad/average/good" is when applied to this organization and, specifically, Hester, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Also calm down, you dolt.

Be honest: did you have to look that up?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dolt isn't even an average insult. I'd love to see a mediocre one from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.