Can This Be Fixed By Next Season?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Until Cam is injured the whole season.

And then Trubisky has one last chance to push himself to being a star or end up a backup for the rest of his career. Sounds like a plan.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And then Trubisky has one last chance to push himself to being a star or end up a backup for the rest of his career. Sounds like a plan.
Ill go with door #3, Alex.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Is it impossible for the Bears to sign a FA from their own team, or am I missing something??????

No

But the original post said we dont need ilb we have roquan and kwit; when we actually only have roquan signed for next season.

Aka

We need an ilb....unless pace/nagy think pierre louis can be a starter on the cheap

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Yes

Get an offensive coordinator. Have Nagy design plays for specific situations. Hire a run first OC who leans his offense towards setting up the play action game through a run first mentality. This will allow Nagy to jump in and call his pass plays when he needs to. Doing that will also protect the defense by running the ball.

If you fix the playcalling you probably win 3 more games this season. The first GB game between the penalties and playcalls was atrocious.

Use the preseason to your advantage!!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No

But the original post said we dont need ilb we have roquan and kwit; when we actually only have roquan signed for next season.

Aka

We need an ilb....unless pace/nagy think pierre louis can be a starter on the cheap

KPL is also a free agent so we will still need another ILB whther that be one of our own with Trevathan, Kwiat or KPL or another ILB in free agency or draft.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes

Get an offensive coordinator. Have Nagy design plays for specific situations. Hire a run first OC who leans his offense towards setting up the play action game through a run first mentality. This will allow Nagy to jump in and call his pass plays when he needs to. Doing that will also protect the defense by running the ball.

If you fix the playcalling you probably win 3 more games this season. The first GB game between the penalties and playcalls was atrocious.

Use the preseason to your advantage!!!
So you not only want a new OC but one who puts a new offensive system and philosophy in place than the one the stubborn HC is married to? Seems reasonable. haha

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
an easy schedule would help, i got us going 6 and 10 so far (and i'm being fair, non-homer), until we get a Oline, Te, Pass Rusher, a WR other than AR, AM, and WIMS, a RB like MARK INGRAM, another special teamer ace or two, and a Play caller.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
People keep saying we need OL. The only position getting replaced on OL is Long (RG). Everyone else is on a rookie deal or got locked up on multi year deals. I think they're going to try and stick with one of their "developmental" RG we saw this year too on the cheap spouting something about "showed promise and stepped up to the challenge".

We need a pass rusher that is capable of getting to the QB. Floyd was the same in college. Always around a play but never the cause of it. Lynch needs to go also.

ILB will be fine if Roquan can stay healthy. Danny brings a lot to that D that people seem to be undervaluing as well. If needed, they can extend Kwit or KPL and be ok IMO, but I think Danny is the right person to be next to Roquan.

Prince is hit or miss. Toliver makes some OK plays, but not sure he's ready. Prince has also become somewhat of a liability.

I'd extend HA-HA as well if you can. Whatever they changed to make Eddie play less to his strengths should also be evaluated and adjusted this OS.

Teams change every year, so it's possible, but there are quite a few holes. There were execution and talent issues at every level of this roster this year. You have to look at the coach regarding that.

QB sucks. He's trash. We are stuck with him for another year. Impossible to even find out if Nagy is worth a damn with Trubisky back there. I was willing to give him this season, and I'm done with him. He's had his chance and is what it is.

jive

Liked Posts:
Definitely need to bring in some competition at QB. We need some insurance in case Mitch falters, especially since this season shown that as a strong possibility.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bring in dalton. Tell Mitch to set his bitch ass on the bench. Hire an actual NFL OC. Get a legit RG and TE and see what happens. If the Bears can’t make the playoff with those changes, Pace/Nagy are gone.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as Pace doesnt draft Jack Dundee TE from Wisconsin-Whitewater University

MV5BMjBhMjkwNzEtNjk5MC00ZTI4LWExNDktNjUwNTA1NDdhMjhmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here's what I think needs to happen....

Coaching: Replace Helfrich with an OC with NFL experience that can challenge and advise Nagy. Replace Hiestand as well. There's a number of issues on the O-Line that can be traced to coaching.

Draft: Bears need to get at least 2 starters in the draft, and ideally 4-5 to get replacements on the cheap since we do not have much cap space for free agents. We MUST get a starting RG and a TE. Bears also need to get an OLB with pass rushing skills and at least one tackle, preferably 2. But, getting 3 starting caliber linemen in a single draft without a first rounder or 3rd rounder is not likely. But, a RG and TE is. Pace needs to hit at those positions this draft.

Current roster:
Bears need to drop some expensive contracts because there's little cap space. Amukamara, Gabriel, Shaheen, Braunecker, and Long are likely suspects for roster cuts. If the Bears can land a decent FA, then Floyd could be cut too. He's one of the top paid players on the team but doesn't perform like it. The Bears have alot of UFAs on D that need to be resigned including guys like Kwiatkowski, Trevathan, Bush, Clinton-Dix, McManis, Pierre-Louis, and Williams. There's guys that need to get extended like Robinson and Jackson, but there's not that much cap space this year.

Free agency:
If they can get Shaquil Barrett or Bud Dupree at OLB, they need to drop Floyd and pay one of those guys. They would immediately improve our pass rush and would be more deserving of a big contract than Floyd. Other than that, a tackle or TE. But there wouldn't be that much money for a splash. Pace will probably have to get a CB and/or S for depth at minimum if not starters. An experienced backup QB that can compete to start is also needed.. Someone like Case Keenum.

I think in the least, if they replace OC and OL coach, draft stud TE and starting caliber RG and LT or RT, get a pass rushing OLB in FA, and make space to resign key defensive players, we have a shot at turning this around next season.

Qb's like Case Keenum & Andy Dalton ......aren't mobile enuff to survive our OL. IMO. Plus they aren't playmakers

Last edited:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I will make adjustments and additions to my list. Keeping it realistic.

1. Fire Helfrich not because he is the problem but because Nagy can use a better counterpart and compliment to his coaching style. He needs a meat and potatoes coach to go along with his style, not a college offense guy.

2. Bring in a veteran RB that compliments DMont - I would personally love to the Bears bring in Matt Breida. DMont, Breida and Cohen in a committee would be outstanding as they all bring different elements but can call catch and be options in the passing game.

3. Get production out of Trey Burton and sign a blocking TE like Levine Toilolo. We aren’t signing a Hooper, Henry or Ebron. The bears would be silly to put much that much capital into the position.

4. Add a 2nd round pick and a veteran option to replace Long. Coward cannot be a possible option for RG, if he is, Pace has failed. Would love to grab Rashod Hill from Minnesota.

5. Bring back both Nick Williams and RRH - they will both be a reasonable price.

6. Resign Kwit and KPL to replace Trevathan.

7. Add a veteran and a 2nd round pick to replace Amukamara - LeShaun Sims?

8. Veteran safety to replace Haha - Anthony Levine?

9. Add Case Keenum - better competition for Trubisky.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I will make adjustments and additions to my list. Keeping it realistic.

1. Fire Helfrich not because he is the problem but because Nagy can use a better counterpart and compliment to his coaching style. He needs a meat and potatoes coach to go along with his style, not a college offense guy.

2. Bring in a veteran RB that compliments DMont - I would personally love to the Bears bring in Matt Breida. DMont, Breida and Cohen in a committee would be outstanding as they all bring different elements but can call catch and be options in the passing game.

3. Get production out of Trey Burton and sign a blocking TE like Levine Toilolo. We aren’t signing a Hooper, Henry or Ebron. The bears would be silly to put much that much capital into the position.

4. Add a 2nd round pick and a veteran option to replace Long. Coward cannot be a possible option for RG, if he is, Pace has failed. Would love to grab Rashod Hill from Minnesota.

5. Bring back both Nick Williams and RRH - they will both be a reasonable price.

6. Resign Kwit and KPL to replace Trevathan.

7. Add a veteran and a 2nd round pick to replace Amukamara - LeShaun Sims?

8. Veteran safety to replace Haha - Anthony Levine?

9. Add Case Keenum - better competition for Trubisky.
Nice. i'd like that, I would cut Burton, Shaheen, Trevathan and Floyd as well...think money/performance...and the cap space you create for a real edge rusher plus OG/OT...ILB with Kwit, Kpl and RS we good.
And what about going back to a 4-3 defensive front?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Nice. i'd like that, I would cut Burton, Shaheen, Trevathan and Floyd as well...think money/performance...and the cap space you create for a real edge rusher plus OG/OT...ILB with Kwit, Kpl and RS we good.
And what about going back to a 4-3 defensive front?

Parkey's cap hit will be officially off the books, that's 4 million right there. Chase Daniels makes 6 million as a backup QB, that's way too much for his services. Cut him loose as well.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How do you figure we need a starting ILB?? We have that in Kwit starting with Roquan.
About our limited resources I would cut crazy expensive contracts. Names? Burton, Gabriel, Floyd, Amukamars. Leno, Skrine, Massie...Maybe Trevathan, Wtf, rebuilding starts there, as the biggest culprit Ted Phillips won't leave Halas Hall with his latest poor decisions (Pace and Nagy)...

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Parkey's cap hit will be officially off the books, that's 4 million right there. Chase Daniels makes 6 million as a backup QB, that's way too much for his services. Cut him loose as well.
YESSS ! Forgot him...