Can we finally admit that Hurts will hurt our team! Don't draft him!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Okay all, I know there is a sizable number of people who have been on the Jalen Hurts as a developmental pick argument. They have a whole polemic and want us to draft him. Can we finally agree that Hurts is not worth drafting on this team. He just isn’t.

Watching him play at the Senior Bowl was like watching Trubisky at his worst, but actually like a low-budget bad sequel of a bad Biscuit game. The

The O line was roughly the equivalent of our terrible Tackles up against NFL level talent. They sucked and Hurts was exposed as a one read QB with accuracy issues that caused some of the sacks and was lucky to only throw one pick.

Here’s what Walterfootball has to say about Hurts so far “…some of the sacks were Hurts' fault. For example, the second sack occurred because he held on to the ball too long. He also fired a careless pass while getting pressured, and that nearly resulted in a pick-six.

Hurts also had some trouble as a passer. He made a late throw on a roll-out, which caused the receiver to be out of bounds. He also threw an interception, though that was the result of Anae hitting him as released the pass, prompting the ball to pop up into the air.”

He's projected to go in the third, which means that we may be “lucky” enough to snag him with our 4th pick (projected comp). That pick may be a 4th rounder, but it is relatively speaking, one of our high picks.

Hurts was clear in every interview that he is a QB. He won’t play special teams. He won’t be a back or receiver. He only wants to play one position. It’ll take years of failure to get him to switch positions.

It would basically be throwing one of our higher picks, considering our number and placement of picks.

If we really want to throw a pick at a developmental QB, then let’s get a guy like Steven Montez who is a big body with a massive arm. He needs a lot of coaching but has real upside. Grab him with our last 7th pick or maybe as a UDFA.

I am not sold on Gordon because he lacks strength and wouldn’t want to spend a pick on him in any round. If we can get him here as a priority UDFA, then by all means, get him in here too.

But, using actual draft capital on a player like Hurts hurts my brain to think about.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our team?
I've stayed out of the threads about this because it's just more waste of space like my post here but thought I'd mention it because it's been coming up in other threads for no good reason.

You guys need to get the stick out your butts over this. Just easier than the proper name in friendly covo. Guess what, without possessive fans, there is no team.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You guys need to get the stick out your butts over this. Just easier that the proper name in friendly covo. Guess what, without possessive fans, there is no team.
Lol I’m just joking around dude. Lighten up Francis! I say it too much for me to be critical of it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s definitely a “swing for the fences” type of pick. He’s got all the physical tools for sure.

At this point, if he's there, take him. If not, continue with OL & TE or BPA..etc.

I know he's going to be worth it because I watched an 8 minute YouTube video on him once. Probably, the depth of Pace's scouting anyway. But in all seriousness, I'm not going to watch much more tape on him until closer to draft time. I feel like his stock will rise and he'll be outta reach as the draft gets closer.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whom wants hurts?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whom wants hurts?

I guess I am burned because I wanted Lamar Jackson after freshman year, but let the "QB experts" talk me out of it by the time we drafted.

Hurts is a fantastic runner. Better than Trubisky. He runs like a running back and has that durability. I see lots of offenses succeeding with those type of guys now, and maybe its the smaller quicker schemes to defend the pass.

I think Hurts can do damage in this league in the right situation. He'd make a great back-up for Harbaugh and the Ravens, or for Kyler murray and the Cardinals.

If you built an offense around Trubisky's strengths I think he would make a good back-up for him too, with our 4th or 5th round pick. A back-up price.

The knock on Brady was arm strength and lack of athleticism. Hurts is allowed to become a better passer, and he arrives genetically as a top 5 running Qb, which are in vogue and having success with these rules.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
this group of psychics knew about him in the 70s and love him

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The question to ask is does he provide an immediate upgrade over trubisky? If the answer is yes take him. I personally would take him. I think the defense is good enough to win with a guy like him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Okay all, I know there is a sizable number of people who have been on the Jalen Hurts as a developmental pick argument. They have a whole polemic and want us to draft him. Can we finally agree that Hurts is not worth drafting on this team. He just isn’t.

Watching him play at the Senior Bowl was like watching Trubisky at his worst, but actually like a low-budget bad sequel of a bad Biscuit game. The

The O line was roughly the equivalent of our terrible Tackles up against NFL level talent. They sucked and Hurts was exposed as a one read QB with accuracy issues that caused some of the sacks and was lucky to only throw one pick.

Here’s what Walterfootball has to say about Hurts so far “…some of the sacks were Hurts' fault. For example, the second sack occurred because he held on to the ball too long. He also fired a careless pass while getting pressured, and that nearly resulted in a pick-six.

Hurts also had some trouble as a passer. He made a late throw on a roll-out, which caused the receiver to be out of bounds. He also threw an interception, though that was the result of Anae hitting him as released the pass, prompting the ball to pop up into the air.”

He's projected to go in the third, which means that we may be “lucky” enough to snag him with our 4th pick (projected comp). That pick may be a 4th rounder, but it is relatively speaking, one of our high picks.

Hurts was clear in every interview that he is a QB. He won’t play special teams. He won’t be a back or receiver. He only wants to play one position. It’ll take years of failure to get him to switch positions.

It would basically be throwing one of our higher picks, considering our number and placement of picks.

If we really want to throw a pick at a developmental QB, then let’s get a guy like Steven Montez who is a big body with a massive arm. He needs a lot of coaching but has real upside. Grab him with our last 7th pick or maybe as a UDFA.

I am not sold on Gordon because he lacks strength and wouldn’t want to spend a pick on him in any round. If we can get him here as a priority UDFA, then by all means, get him in here too.

But, using actual draft capital on a player like Hurts hurts my brain to think about.

Hurts is awful and so is Montez. Gordon knows how to move through his progressions and gets the ball out to the open man. He doesn’t have elite arm talent but his arm is strong enough to get the job done. I’ve read plenty of posts around here pining for Minshew. Gordon is a better pro prospect than Minshew was coming out last year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question to ask is does he provide an immediate upgrade over trubisky? If the answer is yes take him. I personally would take him. I think the defense is good enough to win with a guy like him.
Good point. I also think Trubisky is further along though and needs to use his legs until he either succeeds or gets hurt. No sense going down as a bust without using all your tools.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If trubisky/nagy won't unleash his legs I would rather have hurts.