canceled direct tv after 18 years(Bears games)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately I tried the VPN / YouTube TV setup today and even with a “dedicated Chicago streaming IP” from Torguard it’s not an easy process to get Chicago local channels working.

Guess I’m doing VPN and UK game pass again.
I use express vpn and spoof my geolocation.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make sure your Bluetooth and WiFi is turned off and use the express vpn plugin for chrome

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I use express vpn and spoof my geolocation.
I have a Chicago IP. Go to what is my ip
Make sure your Bluetooth and WiFi is turned off and use the express vpn plugin for chrome
Ill try express. With this VPN YTTV kept telling me I had to use the mobile app to change my location and wouldn’t let me watch any channels. Then on mobile App complained of VPN.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a Chicago IP. Go to what is my ip

Ill try express. With Tor it kept telling me I had to use the mobile app to change my location and wouldn’t let me watch any channels. Then on mobile App complained of VPN.

Express vpn has a chrome plugin that hides that. Also spoof your geolocation in chrome

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll wind up doing gamepass as well.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll wind up doing gamepass as well.
Yeah I was able to connect my VPN to London and get the UK sign up page like last year.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Damn it, ...unfortunately I am not pc savvy, Im gonna have to go back to direct. :(

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn it, ...unfortunately I am not pc savvy, Im gonna have to go back to direct. :(
If you know anyone in college they can sign up for Streaming GamePass for like $89 without DTV. Need college student email / credentials.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Isn't Amazon and Sling offering the NFL ticket a discounted rate?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Isn't Amazon and Sling offering the NFL ticket a discounted rate?
That's what Id like to know, I got amazon prime, but haven't seen anything about it, maybe it's to soon

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck directv. Half of the games are on channels we still get and the rest I'll get on NFL replay

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
go to sleep and try not to tell anyone else to die tonight.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I live in Ct so have been missing out on Bear games for decades. Its really fucking annoying. I think this year I will be doing some trickery to watch games. This is a must watch season.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always assumed a VPN would be a pretty easy thing to set up and it would be made easy to access from the hardware of most devices capable of streaming. I'm finding out that's wrong. I think I would have to use a router based VPN if I wanted to realistically make it work (my wife needs to be able to use it, so I can't do anything too hardware crazy like streaming on a separate device and casting over to my TV). Considering I don't have a router with native functionality currently, I would probably purchase one, then also purchase a VPN. Then hopefully it works and there's not something I'm overlooking.

Seems like more work than it's worth. I just sent my buddy that's in a Master's program some money for Sunday Ticket and I'll use that login. That will get me the out of market (MN) games for $100 for the season and I will combine that with Hulu I already have for just about everything I need. There might be an issue with the half dozen NFLN exclusive games (Hulu doesn't have NFLN currently), but I think that's about it and I don't think it includes any Bears games.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always assumed a VPN would be a pretty easy thing to set up and it would be made easy to access from the hardware of most devices capable of streaming. I'm finding out that's wrong. I think I would have to use a router based VPN if I wanted to realistically make it work (my wife needs to be able to use it, so I can't do anything too hardware crazy like streaming on a separate device and casting over to my TV). Considering I don't have a router with native functionality currently, I would probably purchase one, then also purchase a VPN. Then hopefully it works and there's not something I'm overlooking.

Seems like more work than it's worth. I just sent my buddy that's in a Master's program some money for Sunday Ticket and I'll use that login. That will get me the out of market (MN) games for $100 for the season and I will combine that with Hulu I already have for just about everything I need. There might be an issue with the half dozen NFLN exclusive games (Hulu doesn't have NFLN currently), but I think that's about it and I don't think it includes any Bears games.
Finding a student or euro game pass seems like the way to go if you’re willing to pay.

I saw they sell edu emails on reddit and eBay for less than $5 but NFL must have gotten wise this year. They require name, school, and DOB of student now and then actually check the active student DB.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Finding a student or euro game pass seems like the way to go if you’re willing to pay.

I saw they sell edu emails on reddit and eBay for less than $5 but NFL must have gotten wise this year. They require name, school, and DOB of student now and then actually check the active student DB.
Just to reiterate, it's total bullshit in 2019 to have to jump through this many hoops to pay for a streaming service. Fuck DirecTV. Get with the times NFL.