canceled direct tv after 18 years(Bears games)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its coming. If they want millennials they need to stream and soon.
I do believe it's inevitable. I thought DirecTV's contract ran through 2022, but it sounds like there is an early opt out clause after this season:

Hopefully they do this sooner or later. As soon as a legit paid option exists beyond packaging it with a cable bill, I'll do it. Until then....

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do believe it's inevitable. I thought DirecTV's contract ran through 2022, but it sounds like there is an early opt out clause after this season:

Hopefully they do this sooner or later. As soon as a legit paid option exists beyond packaging it with a cable bill, I'll do it. Until then....
I believe there is a good chance the NFL opts out of the streaming rights portion of the DirecTV deal after this season but leaves them with exclusive TV rights. Streaming rights will go up for bidding. Hopefully someone like YouTube or Amazon win.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I believe there is a good chance the NFL opts out of the streaming rights portion of the DirecTV deal after this season but leaves them with exclusive TV rights. Streaming rights will go up for bidding. Hopefully someone like YouTube or Amazon win.

I don't give a shit if they keep the TV portion, as long as there is an option to purchase a streaming package without it being tied to other services I don't want as a prerequisite.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit if they keep the TV portion, as long as there is an option to purchase a streaming package without it being tied to other services I don't want as a prerequisite.
r/nflstreams still up?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So... I just signed up for ExpressVPN. Got the Chrome web app, connected to Chicago, created a new "fake" family member on my YouTubeTV, opened up and connected to YouTube TV. Initially it complained that I was running a proxy but after closing and re-opening the browser I am watching the Chicago local channels from Atlanta on ExpressVPN.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last I checked it was.
It is but I would join the discord linked there as other streams subreddits have been targeted. I went to watch the MMA fight last week and suddenly MMAStreams was gone.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DAZN is buying up the rights to NFL streaming internationally. If you get a VPN, and set it to Canada, you can have DAZN for $20/month, with one month free, and cancel anytime. Or $150 for a year. Live game streams, Red Zone, NFL Network, UEFA soccer, rugby, Premier League, and lots of other sports.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thing with the AceStreams and the web streams off /r/NFLStreams is they are never stable. The quality is fine for 20 minutes and then I start getting quality issues or repeated buffering and have to look for a new source. I have gigabit internet from Xfiniti and never have issues with anything else. Is this not every ones experience?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DAZN is buying up the rights to NFL streaming internationally. If you get a VPN, and set it to Canada, you can have DAZN for $20/month, with one month free, and cancel anytime. Or $150 for a year. Live game streams, Red Zone, NFL Network, UEFA soccer, rugby, Premier League, and lots of other sports.
DAZN currently has a "NFL Kickoff" offer. $150 for the whole year.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DAZN currently has a "NFL Kickoff" offer. $150 for the whole year.

Yeah, I added that. I may go for it this year now that they have Premier League also. Seems a no brainer.

This is what you get for $20 Cdn per month, or $150/year:

Capture.JPG

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It is but I would join the discord linked there as other streams subreddits have been targeted. I went to watch the MMA fight last week and suddenly MMAStreams was gone.
Yep, this. I joined months ago in case shit happens, and it probably will.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I added that. I may go for it this year now that they have Premier League also. Seems a no brainer.

This is what you get for $20 Cdn per month, or $150/year:

View attachment 2419
I have read of quality issues on Reddit but I think you have 1 month to cancel...

So here is the rub. I tried to sign up for DAZN Canada and it wont let me use a US Credit Card or my US Based Paypal. Any solutions? :)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My thing with the AceStreams and the web streams off /r/NFLStreams is they are never stable. The quality is fine for 20 minutes and then I start getting quality issues or repeated buffering and have to look for a new source. I have gigabit internet from Xfiniti and never have issues with anything else. Is this not every ones experience?
Same. Not always, but I'd say it happens enough to be annoying. I have AT&T gig fiber, wired all the way into the house. It's definitely a load problem, and not a bandwidth one. Tend to have the fewest issues with buffstreams (sp?)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have read of quality issues on Reddit but I think you have 1 month to cancel...

So here is the rub. I tried to sign up for DAZN Canada and it wont let me use a US Credit Card or my US Based Paypal. Any solutions? :)
Hah, I was just about to ask that.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Ha. They have gotten smarter, and likely because of the soccer coverage. European soccer leagues have really been cracking down the past year or two, to the point where even sports shows who put up YT vids have the replays blanked out on YT.

That's too bad. I don't have a solution to that.

And I've read people having trouble with DAZN, but a friend of mine has it, and has never had an issue. I suspect user idiocy to start.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha. They have gotten smarter, and likely because of the soccer coverage. European soccer leagues have really been cracking down the past year or two, to the point where even sports shows who put up YT vids have the replays blanked out on YT.

That's too bad. I don't have a solution to that.

And I've read people having trouble with DAZN, but a friend of mine has it, and has never had an issue. I suspect user idiocy to start.
I would guess the solution is to get a $150 prepaid visa from Canada or something. Im looking for eGift cards right now.

Could probably also make a burner PayPal maybe? Getting complicated lol.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So... if you're willing to spend the money and have a good VPN I think NFL GamePass UK is the best way to go. It confirmed works with ExpressVPN and a US PayPal account as payment method. It's almost $200 once converted from GBP to USD. I just signed up and I am streaming it right now on my laptop without issue.

YTTV was free (since its our normal TV) for Bears games but you cant just keep switching markets easily and I wanted Redzone Channel.

So now I can either cast it to my TV from the laptop or use my Asus Nighthawk to connect to ExpressVPN and funnel my TVs traffic / use the app.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds good. Let me know how casting goes for you. I've had issues casting NFL games in the past.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Looks like they reached a deal.