canceled direct tv after 18 years(Bears games)

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds good. Let me know how casting goes for you. I've had issues casting NFL games in the past.
I am watching the double doink game on replay right now. Quality has been great so far.

So for casting I am using a ChromeCast on my TV and just selecting Cast within Google Chrome on my laptop. Its working so far.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So... if you're willing to spend the money and have a good VPN I think NFL GamePass UK is the best way to go. It confirmed works with ExpressVPN and a US PayPal account as payment method. It's almost $200 once converted from GBP to USD. I just signed up and I am streaming it right now on my laptop without issue.

YTTV was free (since its our normal TV) for Bears games but you cant just keep switching markets easily and I wanted Redzone Channel.

So now I can either cast it to my TV from the laptop or use my Asus Nighthawk to connect to ExpressVPN and funnel my TVs traffic / use the app.
Nice. I use Private Internet Access, but I'm almost positive there is a UK endpoint. So should work. My only real concern is them being like, we've reviewed your account, turns out you are in the US, fuck you, we're keeping your $200. For streaming I've got an old Mac Mini that I leave hooked up to the TV for that sole purpose.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice. I use Private Internet Access, but I'm almost positive there is a UK endpoint. So should work. My only real concern is them being like, we've reviewed your account, turns out you are in the US, fuck you, we're keeping your $200. For streaming I've got an old Mac Mini that I leave hooked up to the TV for that sole purpose.
So I have a fancy Netgear NightHawk XR500 router with built in openvpn server with per device traffic selection. So I can toggle it to make all the traffic from my xbox look like it is coming from UK via VPN.

I downloaded gamepass international app on xbox, logged in with my new account, and its streaming flawlessly.

Looks like GamePass international supports the AppleTV and FireTV/Stick devices as well.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got back CBS for Uverse today or yesterday. Thank GOD.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@EricFisherSBG
·
38m

The 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals today revived an antitrust lawsuit against NFL/AT&T contending that Sunday Ticket is an illegal monopoly leading to fewer choices/higher prices for consumers. Potentially big implications for league's out-of-market package.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How does does NFL Game Pass work? do you get the live games(all games)

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It depends. Assuming you are in the US, Game Pass gives you replays only of all regular season games right after they end as well as live preseason (only) games as long as you aren't in the market (Chicago area) of the team that you're trying to watch.

International Game Pass let's you stream all games live. To sign up you need to live outside of the US or find a way to make them believe you live outside the US.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game Pass US is Replays and Game Pass Europe has live games as said above.

You can use a VPN connected to Europe to sign up for Game Pass Europe and youll also have to use the VPN on the device you stream from or have a router with vpn capabilities.

I have a router that can do it which is nice because I can use the game pass app on my xbox one to play on my tv full screen. You could also easily do it with a laptop that has HDMI output directly into your TV.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It depends. Assuming you are in the US, Game Pass gives you replays only of all regular season games right after they end as well as live preseason (only) games as long as you aren't in the market (Chicago area) of the team that you're trying to watch.

International Game Pass let's you stream all games live. To sign up you need to live outside of the US or find a way to make them believe you live outside the US.
So basically instead of seeing it live at say 1, id get to watch it in full after.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I canceled direct tv after 18 years, only really had it for the Bears, but just don't see the point in paying for tv I don't watch...is there any other options(ways)to see the Bears play?

Thanks, and Bear down!
Sunday ticket. Stand alone app

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nfl channel didn't work but antenna did. Buying a Roku today and give it a shot. Fuck directv. Roku does what it claims it's cancel time.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I believe NFL Sunday Ticket can be streamed through gaming consoles (PS and XBox).

https://nflsthelp.directv.com/hc/en...-the-NFL-SUNDAY-TICKET-app-NFLSUNDAYTICKET-TV
Pretty sure the only way they'll sell it to you standalone, is if you're at an address where you can't get DirecTV. Like in an apartment where you can't hang a dish, college students, etc. I think like 5 years ago, they bundled it for free with Madden, which was awesome. I didn't even want the game, but getting the NFL Ticket with the purchase was more than worth the $60.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Yes. Right after it ends.

DirecTV is pissing me off. Preseason game out of market was blacked out and afraid this is going to leak into the season..

With NFL gamepass, is it difficult to manage the app after the game to get in and watch it without potentially seeing the score? Or do you have to be uber careful?

jonimus

Liked Posts:
And does anybody know.. would the games on DirecTV sunday ticket only be blacked out if it was aired in my market on Fox?

This week the game was aired as well as being on NFL Network and both were blacked out for me.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And does anybody know.. would the games on DirecTV sunday ticket only be blacked out if it was aired in my market on Fox?

This week the game was aired as well as being on NFL Network and both were blacked out for me.
Only games on your locals are not on the Sunday ticket channels.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Just an FYI:

Many posters use Reddit to stream games...Reddit shutdown NCAA Football streams.

Who knows how much longer Reddit will host links to pirated NFL streams...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/comments/d0zcwg
"As you can all see, there are no games hosted on the sub. We have moved all streams to SportSurge.net. Reddit has made it clear they no longer wish for us to continue operating here."

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Watch online for free. If I can see all the Bears games for free in Brazil, so can you.

I don't think he wants to travel to Brazil every week.