Cardinals Acquire Jason Heyward

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
If you hate the Cardinals now, besides who I mentioned above, what if the Cardinals landed one of the big three? Don't think for a minute that they don't have the funds to do so, because they were going to go 200 million plus for Pujols.

Is it unlikely that they go long for a pitcher? Yes. But if they landed James Shields.....maybe?

Oh God! Me and my big mouth.

Report: Cardinals 'in pursuit' of free agent SP Jon Lester

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

The Cardinals are reportedly joining the Jon Lester sweepstakes. According to Jim Bowden of ESPN and SeriusXM, the Cardinals are "in pursuit" of the free agent pitcher.

Lester went 16-11 with a 2.46 ERA in 32 starts between the Red Sox and Athletics in 2014. The three-time All-Star, has been drawing interest from the Cubs, Braves and Red Sox. According to an earlier report from baseball analyst Peter Gammons, the Cubs believe Lester could be returning to Boston.

:angryfinger:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Lester isn't really a Cardinals type move. I think it's smoke.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if im boston im giving him what he wants. why trade pieces for someone like cole hamels?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
if im boston im giving him what he wants. why trade pieces for someone like cole hamels?

Couldn't the same be said for the Cubs? I am not sure the Red Sox are in any better position to contend than the Cubs right now.

In that division, one would thin that they have to be below the Orioles, Jays and Yankees if you ask me, and with swirling comments concerning Cespedes and Papi getting that much closer to retiring, who are they going to lean on?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Lester isn't really a Cardinals type move. I think it's smoke.

I would have to find the quote, but Mozeliak had stated that they were poised to be very aggressive in free agency this winter, and that payroll could increase greatly.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I would have to find the quote, but Mozeliak had stated that they were poised to be very aggressive in free agency this winter, and that payroll could increase greatly.

I don't doubt you that he said that but it's really not a move they typically have made in the past so I think it's unlikely frankly.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't the same be said for the Cubs? I am not sure the Red Sox are in any better position to contend than the Cubs right now.

In that division, one would thin that they have to be below the Orioles, Jays and Yankees if you ask me, and with swirling comments concerning Cespedes and Papi getting that much closer to retiring, who are they going to lean on?

sure its a tough division but the redsox are in much better shape than the cubs. to even hint that the 2 are similar is a bit of a stretch.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
sure its a tough division but the redsox are in much better shape than the cubs. to even hint that the 2 are similar is a bit of a stretch.

Kinda going with the record thing here and that they failed to eclipse the Cubs last year. That doesn't sound like a team that is in too much better shape than the Cubs, especially who they lost and who is getting much older.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Overrated old players? Im not saying the Cubs have world beaters right now, but I will take my chances going forward with the Cubs and their hitters. Boston is going to have to get young. Ortiz cant keep hitting like he does. Cespedes is over rated in every stretch. Pedroia is starting to trend downwards in prime years. Cubs may be unproven, but the you already know what you arfe getting in Boston and it could get ugly fast. At least if these prospects fail, the Cubs have a lot of money behind them to do something about it.