Carmelo Anthony "Farewell Tour"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now, I know the apathy as a sports fan. I know your first thought, the modern analytical cold and calculated first correct thought to reject from yourself the slightest interest to consider with your team. As a Bulls fan, it makes none for mine either. But I am going to give it a final thought counter punch...but mellow is a champion.

We should remind ourselves who Carmelo Anthony is.

This video is who Carmelo is at heart. You can't coach that into a player. There are only so many who also possess the athletic talent to be far more than cold blooded in the greatest moments night after night after night the length of time it takes to win an NBA or NCAA championship.

He demonstrated he was that guy over a length of time that proved it without a doubt. Period. And that is a guy you can give a farewell tour. In fact, why wouldn't you? Let Carmelo rub off on some guys. If your franchise could hire a shooter of his caliber for his salary...EVERY SINGLE ONE SHOULD FOR TODAYS NBA AT HIS EXPECTED SALARY!! If he never played more than 3 minutes a night, he would earn every dollar as a shooting coach.

But for a team that has the talent to make the play-offs fortified in the off-season with a few sly veterans that quietly and almost secretly will guarantee a play-off birth...

now look forward to that play-off birth, and ask yourself if you want a rested, healthy, happy, mature carmelo anthony playing a substitute roll on that play-off run?!

In that moment, of course you want to see Carmelo. Because at the end of every basketball game you have to miss to lose. If it comes to it you start taking 3's...and you don't lose until you miss. In that moment...with everything on the line...by God I want Carmelo Anthony's fingertips unloading the moment of ecstasy for every fan...when the ball is in the air...when the dollar is going to rain or drown...in asking yourself if you will be wet, you are wet...and at that penultimate climax...

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I would want Carmelo Anthony responsible for the fate of my basketball team, with one shot on the line. One hope. One last heave.

Lets let him have it. Lets see it. It would be a crime to basketball not to give him the chance. Let him where 15, and let him be a Bull. Or any play-off team. The Warriors or Lakers at a minimum. Maybe you decide to bench him half a season, strength train and rest, stretch, recover, preserve, save...and introduce into the season like Clemens would do the last few years, enough time to be ready for the play-offs but not enough time to break an older player down. Man I would love to see that, and I wonder why anyone wouldn't in their own teams uniform.

Be fitness responsible and get him healthy to the moment you need him most. Then unleash Carmelo...the farewell tour...the last shot!

I'm in.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I loved Carmelo in college, hated him in the NBA. His game completely changed.

Its kind of remarkable that he only led the NBA in scoring one time. And that year his Knicks were upset in the playoffs by the Pacers, with Anthony averaging over 14 missed shot attempts per game. A good encapsulation of a completely forgettable career.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He can have a farewell tour if he wants, I don't really care. Maybe he can join the BIG3 like Joe Johnson

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Carmelo in college, hated him in the NBA. His game completely changed.

Its kind of remarkable that he only led the NBA in scoring one time. And that year his Knicks were upset in the playoffs by the Pacers, with Anthony averaging over 14 missed shot attempts per game. A good encapsulation of a completely forgettable career.
Still should have traded Deng and Noah for him, tho.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Pre-La La Melo I can enjoy for stretches, even in the AI era where it was just tandem scoring.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pre-La La Melo I can enjoy for stretches, even in the AI era where it was just tandem scoring.
Even for all the shit Melo gets he's still a no doubt, no brainer HOF'er. Pretty crazy to see. His NBA career ended up being less than expected but his international career is unbelievable. It's odd he was able to check his ego to win gold medals but seemingly never able to do it to win an NBA title.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even for all the shit Melo gets he's still a no doubt, no brainer HOF'er. Pretty crazy to see. His NBA career ended up being less than expected but his international career is unbelievable. It's odd he was able to check his ego to win gold medals but seemingly never able to do it to win an NBA title.
It's crazy to me too, especially at this point in his career. He could easily play the same role he did for Team USA and THRIVE if he wasn't so dang stubborn

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think Billups really nailed it on why Melo isn't in the league anymore. He refuses to adjust his game - he still wants to go out there and iso his way to 30 points when the league has moved away from that style of play.

Side note heres a funny video

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't disagree. If Reggie Miller is a HoFer, so is Melo.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's almost incredible that Melo has gotten past the first round only twice in his career.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Melo was a baller. He is a no doubt HOF. Shame he never could get another star and learn to play with him. When that man was on, there was no stopping him. Mid range game was lethal

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
but they had him last year, responsible for a balance of a 3 million dollar deal and paid him to leave when half the team was injured and 3 g leaguers were starting.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Watched that part of the interview and I don’t buy it. He chased the money.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Melo was a baller. He is a no doubt HOF. Shame he never could get another star and learn to play with him. When that man was on, there was no stopping him. Mid range game was lethal
And yet, whatever he scored, it would not be significantly more than his counterpart on the opposing team, because he never defended.

He was not a guy who played winning basketball. He played “let me score” bball with no interest in D and no concern for valuing possessions on offense. Shoot as many times as necessary to get your points.

It is not at all surprising he only got past the first round twice. He never did anything with winning in mind.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Watched that part of the interview and I don’t buy it. He chased the money.
The bulls did not have trouble getting to the salary cap. The lebron, wade thing was because they knew Reinsdork would not keep adding and get into the tax to get more players when they could not pull it off by themselves.
Since Carmelo was never chasing titles and just wanted to get paid, he would have gotten that here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose could have been responsible for behind the scenes "whispers" as much as GarPax or Thibs.

We are talking about "whispers" without knowing the subject of them. I would think behind the scenes "thugs" and "rape" whether true or not, fair or not, etc...those kind of whispers can damage chances a free agent wants to hook his train up to your situation.

What other kind of whispers make you back out of a free agent fit? "Thibs works us too hard." "The owners are cheap."

Or power politics on the team. Outside of that what is the damaging gossip?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Another thing from the interview was that Melo confirmed what we all knew, that the whole Big 3 in Miami was set in motion years in advance. He also confirmed it was supposed to be him instead of Bosh, which has long been rumored.