Carnivore and IF carnival. Come join the fun!

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright, holidays are over so it’s time to do what everyone else does and try to lose some Xmas cookie weight. My wife and I have done Whole30 and Atkins in the past and had success. She’s settled on a keto/Atkins hybrid this time around and I’m going to pull the trigger on the carnivore diet.

Anyone else carni-curious or already on the carnivore train? Thoughts, tips, recipes?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Alright, holidays are over so it’s time to do what everyone else does and try to lose some Xmas cookie weight. My wife and I have done Whole30 and Atkins in the past and had success. She’s settled on a keto/Atkins hybrid this time around and I’m going to pull the trigger on the carnivore diet.

Anyone else carni-curious or already on the carnivore train? Thoughts, tips, recipes?
What is the carnivore diet?

Keto is tough for me, effective, but so easy to bust out of and have to start over.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've never heard of a carnivore train. Like legit you eat no vegetables or fruits? I don't think I could do it.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly what it sounds like, only animal products. The idea is to eat 1 gram of protein per pound of your goal weight and whatever that translates to calories, eat at least that much animal fat for energy

An analogy to whiskey can be made. All bourbon and scotch is whiskey but not all whiskey are those two. Carnivore is keto but keto is not exclusively animal products, hopefully that makes sense

There are a few gray areas. Technically honey and dairy are allowed, being animal products, but most people try to limit those. I’m still including dairy but will try to exclude it later to see what changes happen

I’m sure you have more specific questions that hopefully I can answer but that’s a quick and dirty rundown

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never heard of a carnivore train. Like legit you eat no vegetables or fruits? I don't think I could do it.

My plan is to include dairy; whole milk, heavy cream in my coffee, some cheese, & some high fat skyr for now. I’ll try to go pretty strict in the future and maybe include some berries further into my progress to see what happens

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough, I know it’s not for everyone.

I’ve been pretty good since a little before thanksgiving and haven’t had any cravings for bread-y or starchy carbs really at all. The only fruit that I really miss is fresh berries. And veggies or salads can kiss my ass

I’d like to experiment with some organs like brain or kidney but trying to find them at a local grocery is impossible, will need to hit up a local butcher or harvest them myself from a deer or elk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't help you on this but I got the Fung book about intermittent fasting and have been doing 18/6 and feeling great. Did a 24 hour fast the first day.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't help you on this but I got the Fung book about intermittent fasting and have been doing 18/6 and feeling great. Did a 24 hour fast the first day.

Nice. I haven’t gotten to the fasting book yet but I’ve listened to The Obesity Code which is really good. He goes into fasting a little in The Obesity Code but it’s only like a chapter or two. Still definitely recommend that one. Once I get a little more established in a routine I’ll re-incorporate some fasting, I just can’t let anything sidetrack me right now. For a while I was fasting 20:4 and doing some body weight exercises at work during the week. My problem was the weekend at home with all the shit at the house

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't @Spartan an expert at this? Not to derail, but chime in Sparty!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Get ready to not shit at all.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not on the diet and would not go on it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, IF is great. I do the 18/6. I don't restrict my diet at all, just don't eat like a lard ass every day. I got a little lazy with the holidays and being out of my schedule/drinking more, but now it's back on track. I have a few LB's to shed.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I will hit my first week tomorrow and I'm down a few LBs but really feel good mentally. More clear-headed. The fact that I can go so long has emboldened me. Can't wait to see the difference in a months time. Trying to go from 260 to 210. Going to take all year but I will get there.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I should re-title this carnivore/if carnival.

My wife is also starting if, yesterday was her first day and she made it to noon without killing anyone so that’s a win

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a confession, I won’t be committing 100% to the carnivore diet quite yet. I bought some good beer while my in-laws were in town for the holidays and I can’t bring myself to dump them out or give them away