Carnivore and IF carnival. Come join the fun!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Down 12 lbs so far and just completed a 48 hour with my only cheat being a mocha from Starbucks no whip, fat free milk and one pump less of syrup. Headed to Mexico for 5 nights (all-inclusive) so I'm going to have to watch myself. Lol, cant wait

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
9 days back into IF and I've cut 5 LBs from the holidays. Truly incredibly that I can control my weight that easily. All you have to do is not eat lol. The 16/8 IF schedule does wonders for me. I don't have to restrict my diet in anyway. I've always been big into working out so that helps significantly. Gets me out of my work chair for an hour. I do two days of cardio and two days of lifting.
Not really that incredible that you can control weight with IF, brother. Like just about every other animal on the planet, man was built to feast and fast. Always needed food for energy and nutrition but it turned into too much of a comfort and addiction thing.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not really that incredible that you can control weight with IF, brother. Like just about every other animal on the planet, man was built to feast and fast. Always needed food for energy and nutrition but it turned into too much of a comfort and addiction thing.
Geez, I was feeling really good about myself. Need to try harder!

Wife has bet me that I can't be vegetarian for a week (she's a vegetarian). I'm on day 3 and holding strong. Really wanted me last night tho so made a veggie burger and that seemed to satisfy the craving. Not sure how people do this.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Geez, I was feeling really good about myself. Need to try harder!

Wife has bet me that I can't be vegetarian for a week (she's a vegetarian). I'm on day 3 and holding strong. Really wanted me last night tho so made a veggie burger and that seemed to satisfy the craving. Not sure how people do this.
Why would you want to be a vegetarian? Give me a veggie burger and we gonna fight.

Being vegetarian is something that was always pointed to as being healthy but is it really? Soda and the 50 different types of sugar found in your processed foods should not sound healthy to anyone. Burger made in labs as opposed to just being taken from animal cannot sound like a better alternative to anyone with an ounce of sense. Even if attempting to keep it "clean" and eat lots of leafy greens, not many nutrients to be had there and mostly all contain anti-nutrients.

You need eat like a man, my brother. Get you some meat...and get primeval with that shit.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would you want to be a vegetarian? Give me a veggie burger and we gonna fight.

Being vegetarian is something that was always pointed to as being healthy but is it really? Soda and the 50 different types of sugar found in your processed foods should not sound healthy to anyone. Burger made in labs as opposed to just being taken from animal cannot sound like a better alternative to anyone with an ounce of sense. Even if attempting to keep it "clean" and eat lots of leafy greens, not many nutrients to be had there and mostly all contain anti-nutrients.

You need eat like a man, my brother. Get you some meat...and get primeval with that shit.
I'm being well compensated nightly for the bet. Only 5 more days!

Reactions: DC

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pretty incredible story. The rest of this site is worth a look too

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a weigh-in for our work weight loss challenge last week. I weighed 232 with my work clothes on which is probably 10 lbs lighter than what I got up to over the holidays. The days I can be strict with my plan I feel great, it’s just over the weekend that I stray from the path. My wife and I looked at gyms yesterday, probably going to pull that trigger soon. I think we both have good initial plans to get to the gym consistently on our own schedules. My gym days are going to be easy, I just had a change in my work hours so I’ll be able to go straight to the gym from work for a bit. My wife will be able to take the monsters with her, this gym has a good child care option, at least a few days a week.

But enough about me. How is everyone else doing?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hope you got enough laxatives, hemorrhoid creme, and heart meds

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s not how it works. See yourself out now, please

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got to spend a day at the Low Carb Denver conference. I know these are held other places and I encourage everyone interested in the topic of diet to attend if it’s at all feasible, I got a lot out of this day

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got to spend a day at the Low Carb Denver conference. I know these are held other places and I encourage everyone interested in the topic of diet to attend if it’s at all feasible, I got a lot out of this day
Not sure what one could get out of a low carb conference. It's not difficult to identify what has carbs and what doesn't and the benefits have been made widely known at this point.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I agree that the general idea and plenty of anecdotal evidence exists for anyone to give it a try with minimal supervision. But you don’t think there could be any benefit at all from a conference full of doctors, nurse practitioners, & researchers sharing the latest developments and success stories?

If nothing else I enjoyed being in a place full of people who have committed to this (relatively) new lifestyle and aren’t going to scoff at what I’m eating

I also enjoyed a few presentations answering the latest questions from the mainstream diet advocates about LDL cholesterol

I also liked that there was free coffee...

Last edited: