CCS says it's time to move on from Trubisky

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't know, it's worked before.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is a free agent. His contract was 2 years, 10MM. Pool that with other money and get a veteran FA. That's a no brainer. We need a new backup. Might as well spend the money and see how much of the problem is Mitch and how much of it is the system.

What if a guy like Mariota or Dalton can run it better and get 26 ppg instead of 17?

Why not find out? The defense isn't going to be good much longer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mariota, Dalton......

If you chuck Trubisky, just draft a new QB and start over.

However CCS will be sadden to know that Trubisky will be the starter next year I believe.

Reactions: Myk

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Mariota, Dalton......

However CCS will be sadden to know that Trubisky will be the starter next year I believe.

No one is suggesting to chuck Trubisky. He'll probably start. We need a backup anyway. No one should be averse to signing a good back up. IMO, progressive teams are moving this way. Protecting your starter's job/ego is the past.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's the way I look at it. If the Bears cut Trubisky, would he sign somewhere as a backup or would he get a starter gig?

If upon hearing that question there aren't a stream of at least half a dozen teams that come to mind where he'd be signed as a starter and be a significant upgrade for that team, then why would we possibly want him back as a starter here? The only reason is a lack of options.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only reason is a lack of options.

That's probably all Trubisky will be for a few more years Post-Bears...an option. Someone you "bring in to compete" or "push the starter", but really he is going to be the human QB meter. Every QB coach's new favorite offseason game:

Are You Smarter Than A Trubisky?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Here's the way I look at it. If the Bears cut Trubisky, would he sign somewhere as a backup or would he get a starter gig?

If upon hearing that question there aren't a stream of at least half a dozen teams that come to mind where he'd be signed as a starter and be a significant upgrade for that team, then why would we possibly want him back as a starter here? The only reason is a lack of options.

That's a good way to look at it. I looked over the standings and there's not a lot of teams that could upgrade with Trubisky. You've got bad teams like AZ & JAX who are going to keep developing good prospects like Murray & Minshew...or teams like Redskins, Dolphins, & Bengals who are going to draft Burrow or Tua.

No one's going all in for Trubisky if he's cut. So why should the Bears protect him?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Mariota, Dalton......

As was posted on another thread;
Here is the most sensible way to move forward, If we get rid of Mitch,we also get rid of Nagy the pretender!!!!!!!!!!! Only way to be sure we got rid of the right one

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't believe signing some over priced over the hill QB who's had a chance, is at all the solution. We need a franchise QB and those only come through the draft.

I agree. You have to keep spinning the wheel. The Bears don't spin the wheel enough.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't believe signing some over priced over the hill QB who's had a chance, is at all the solution. We need a franchise QB and those only come through the draft.
No but he can be a bridge that keeps us in contention. A better QB would have this team with a first round bye or at least a home play off game. Im also basing this on a competent offense would have been able to score more than 3 in the opener and more than 21 in Lambeau.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If going away from Mitch is in the cards they need to bring in a guy that can get out of dodge because of the oline.

Likewise for any veteran they bring in.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No but he can be a bridge that keeps us in contention. A better QB would have this team with a first round bye or at least a home play off game. Im also basing this on a competent offense would have been able to score more than 3 in the opener and more than 21 in Lambeau.

Exactly. Odds are we are not going to get a franchise guy in the 2nd round. Especially with Pace picking. We are not talking about signing a great QB. We're talking about getting a guy who can put 10 more points on the board with this D while it lasts.

We do not have time to see if some rookie can get it together in three years.

I'm not even talking about a SB. Just get in the playoffs and be competitive & fun to watch again.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Exactly. Odds are we are not going to get a franchise guy in the 2nd round. Especially with Pace picking. We are not talking about signing a great QB. We're talking about getting a guy who can put 10 more points on the board with this D while it lasts.

We do not have time to see if some rookie can get it together in three years.

I'm not even talking about a SB. Just get in the playoffs and be competitive & fun to watch again.
I don’t expect much out of the Bears. All I want out of the Bears is to see them win at least one super bowl in my life time and I can die a happy football fan. I just want to experience what it feels like to see all my frustration turn into joy. This is the closest the Bears have been in what 30 years? I just hope they can capitalize for once.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky on a team with a run game and TE's and Oline would be very effective. I would like to see him in a better run offense before I give up on him. In the end I'm a Bears fan and would support a different QB if the Bears go that way. But changing QBs now would be stupid. The problems here would make every QB in the league look bad.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree. You have to keep spinning the wheel. The Bears don't spin the wheel enough.

I agree, but there is pretty much zero way we get that guy this year minus Jalen Hurts turning into lamar jackson lite or Tua dropping.

Next year is the real year for us to get our guy. Thats why I'm hoping everyone is ready for another year of trubisky failure. I don't doubt we sign a QB like Keenum to a 1 year 5 year deal as well so its "competition" for mitch but not actually real competition.