CCS says it's time to move on from Trubisky

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a good way to look at it. I looked over the standings and there's not a lot of teams that could upgrade with Trubisky. You've got bad teams like AZ & JAX who are going to keep developing good prospects like Murray & Minshew...or teams like Redskins, Dolphins, & Bengals who are going to draft Burrow or Tua.

No one's going all in for Trubisky if he's cut. So why should the Bears protect him?
Why cut him if they haven't already upgraded, especially when he's on his rookie contract? Even if they sign a vet and/or draft a mid-round rookie (and I very much hope they do), there's more upside to letting him compete or holding onto him as a backup. He should never get another contract in Chicago after the rookie deal, however.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky on a team with a run game and TE's and Oline would be very effective. I would like to see him in a better run offense before I give up on him. In the end I'm a Bears fan and would support a different QB if the Bears go that way. But changing QBs now would be stupid. The problems here would make every QB in the league look bad.
Say it over and over but that doesn’t make it true.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Why cut him if they haven't already upgraded, especially when he's on his rookie contract? Even if they sign a vet and/or draft a mid-round rookie (and I very much hope they do), there's more upside to letting him compete or holding onto him as a backup. He should never get another contract in Chicago after the rookie deal, however.

We were talking about a theoretical situation...if the Bears cut Trubisky which teams would sign him to be a starter.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm not a Trubisky fan. I think the longer this organization stays committed to him as the starter the longer it will be until the team finds a true franchise QB. But cutting him would result in 9 million of dead cap money. As a result, keep him on the roster as the back up next season and then left him walk at season's end.

Last edited:

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky on a team with a run game and TE's and Oline would be very effective. I would like to see him in a better run offense before I give up on him. In the end I'm a Bears fan and would support a different QB if the Bears go that way. But changing QBs now would be stupid. The problems here would make every QB in the league look bad.
Get a coach that designs an O for his skills. Get out and move
Everything wrong with Bears fans in 2 quotes.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not a Trubisky fan. I think the longer this organization stays committed to him as the starter the longer it will be until the team finds a true franchise QB. But cutting him would result in a 9 million of dead cap money. As a result, keep him on the roster as the back up next season and then left him walk at season's end.
I don’t think anyone has said cut him. There’s literally no point to cutting him but he cannot be your starter. But a lot of morons here seem to think ineptitude is normal and that dogshit qb Play magically gets better when you (insert all of the excuses here).

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Imagine the suckage if Trubisky goes to another team and does well. That would mean NO quarterbacks taken from that draft, even though there are a bunch of good and even great ones. Waste of draft pick. AND loss of more draft picks!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is suggesting to chuck Trubisky. He'll probably start. We need a backup anyway. No one should be averse to signing a good back up. IMO, progressive teams are moving this way. Protecting your starter's job/ego is the past.
No problem with getting the best backup possible

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As was posted on another thread;
Here is the most sensible way to move forward, If we get rid of Mitch,we also get rid of Nagy the pretender!!!!!!!!!!! Only way to be sure we got rid of the right one
Nuke them from orbit?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Chase Daniel is a free agent. His contract was 2 years, 10MM. Pool that with other money and get a veteran FA. That's a no brainer. We need a new backup. Might as well spend the money and see how much of the problem is Mitch and how much of it is the system.

What if a guy like Mariota or Dalton can run it better and get 26 ppg instead of 17?

Why not find out? The defense isn't going to be good much longer.

how much money or what kind of contract do you think it would take to get Mariota or Dalton?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's a good way to look at it. I looked over the standings and there's not a lot of teams that could upgrade with Trubisky. You've got bad teams like AZ & JAX who are going to keep developing good prospects like Murray & Minshew...or teams like Redskins, Dolphins, & Bengals who are going to draft Burrow or Tua.

No one's going all in for Trubisky if he's cut. So why should the Bears protect him?

Do the Bears have a Murray or Minshew to develop or the chance to draft one of Burrow, Tua, Herbert though? No they don't and i think people overlook how hard it is to just give up on Trubisky and just go and find a good QB. Anyone that's been watching football long enough (so everyone but Westcoast) should know how hard it is to find good QB's that can play in the NFL and how year after year after year QB's are taken in the 1st round and every other round that are much worse then what Trubisky showed last year.

It's just so easy to be a fan on a message board and say how we should just draft a QB in the 2nd round or we should just sign one of the top free agent QB's then it is to actually have to do it. You have other big needs on this team and as we know we're already short on draft picks not having our 1st and 3rd round picks this year and we're already short on cash with also having other needs to fill on this team so it's not as easy for the people that actually do this in real life.

We're all unhappy with Trubisky's performance this year but i think it's worth the shot to give Trubisky next year and use the money and draft picks on fixing the stuff on the team, especially on offense, that needs to be fixed that should help Trubisky and that includes Nagy getting his play calling right or to relinquish play calling duties to a new OC that we should get to replace Helfrich. If he doesn't show improvement then you think about replacing Trubisky but i do want to bring in a vet to compete with him and/or draft a QB in the mid to late rounds to bring in and hope you hit the Brady jackpot with him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don’t expect much out of the Bears. All I want out of the Bears is to see them win at least one super bowl in my life time and I can die a happy football fan. I just want to experience what it feels like to see all my frustration turn into joy. This is the closest the Bears have been in what 30 years? I just hope they can capitalize for once.

And the closest for you in 5 years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mariota, Dalton......

If you chuck Trubisky, just draft a new QB and start over.

However CCS will be sadden to know that Trubisky will be the starter next year I believe.
Here's the thing. He could be someone else's Tannehill if we cut ties.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do the Bears have a Murray or Minshew to develop or the chance to draft one of Burrow, Tua, Herbert though? No they don't and i think people overlook how hard it is to just give up on Trubisky and just go and find a good QB. Anyone that's been watching football long enough (so everyone but Westcoast) should know how hard it is to find good QB's that can play in the NFL and how year after year after year QB's are taken in the 1st round and every other round that are much worse then what Trubisky showed last year.

It's just so easy to be a fan on a message board and say how we should just draft a QB in the 2nd round or we should just sign one of the top free agent QB's then it is to actually have to do it. You have other big needs on this team and as we know we're already short on draft picks not having our 1st and 3rd round picks this year and we're already short on cash with also having other needs to fill on this team so it's not as easy for the people that actually do this in real life.

We're all unhappy with Trubisky's performance this year but i think it's worth the shot to give Trubisky next year and use the money and draft picks on fixing the stuff on the team, especially on offense, that needs to be fixed that should help Trubisky and that includes Nagy getting his play calling right or to relinquish play calling duties to a new OC that we should get to replace Helfrich. If he doesn't show improvement then you think about replacing Trubisky but i do want to bring in a vet to compete with him and/or draft a QB in the mid to late rounds to bring in and hope you hit the Brady jackpot with him.
WTF does Minshew have to do with drafting 1st rounders?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
WTF does Minshew have to do with drafting 1st rounders?

I was replying to a post that was talking about how Jax has Minshew to develop.