CCS Weather Thread (Snow Season)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same, I am ok shoveling, but maybe that's because I have to do it only 5-10/year. Mowing takes longer and you have to do it so gosh dang much, especially in the spring/early summer.
At least the grass growth slows down around July/August.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I went years without a snow blower and shoveled. I didn't want a snowblower taking up space in my garage nor did I want to have to deal with repairs but, here I am. My neighbor talked me into buying his "great snowblower" for 50.00 ?
Same reason I don't have one. I could squeeze it in if I organized the garage a little better though.

I also feel like if I wait a few years the battery operated ones will actually be good.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You ever get stuck snow blowing at like a Mom or Grandma's house and they have the cheapest/shittiest snow blower?

That was always my Mom and my Grandma's when I did the snow blowing at their houses.

OH I GOT A NEW ONE FOR 39.99$ AT MENARDS!

You go to use it and iz like "There's a reason this POS is 39.99"

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You ever get stuck snow blowing at like a Mom or Grandma's house and they have the cheapest/shittiest snow blower?

That was always my Mom and my Grandma's when I did the snow blowing at their houses.

OH I GOT A NEW ONE FOR 39.99$ AT MENARDS!

You go to use it and iz like "There's a reason this POS is 39.99"
No. Can't say I have. My dad always had expensive Toros and my grandpa hired a service by the time I was 10 years old. Before that though he did have a two stage snow blower that my dad said was amazing. Kinda wish my grandpa hadn't sold it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No. Can't say I have. My dad always had expensive Toros and my grandpa hired a service by the time I was 10 years old. Before that though he did have a two stage snow blower that my dad said was amazing. Kinda wish my grandpa hadn't sold it.

The one at my Grams house which my Grandpa bought before he died, was pretty solid.

Then it broke down and my Mom bought a little cheap, plastic, POS that constantly jammed up or sputtered out.

She bought the same POS for the house we lived in when I was in college, but that house had a driveway that was like 150 feet long and widened to 3-4 cars wide at top and it was a nightmare to do with that tiny snow blower.

If the snow got too high, it was almost useless.... I ended up shoveling because it would choke on too much snow.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The one at my Grams house which my Grandpa bought before he died, was pretty solid.

Then it broke down and my Mom bought a little cheap, plastic, POS that constantly jammed up or sputtered out.

She bought the same POS for the house we lived in when I was in college, but that house had a driveway that was like 150 feet long and widened to 3-4 cars wide at top and it was a nightmare to do with that tiny snow blower.

If the snow got too high, it was almost useless.... I ended up shoveling because it would choke on too much snow.
There are some things you just don't go cheap on - living in the midwest and snowblowers is one of those things. I've never owned one though. Just a trusty shovel. It's mainly cuz I am too cheap to buy one and 'I'm young so I should be able to shovel my drive' lol. It gets harder every year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There are some things you just don't go cheap on - living in the midwest and snowblowers is one of those things. I've never owned one though. Just a trusty shovel. It's mainly cuz I am too cheap to buy one and 'I'm young so I should be able to shovel my drive' lol. It gets harder every year.
I lived in town houses until this year so I got out of shoveling any snow the last 6 winters. Wife and I usually tag team the driveway so it only takes about 10 minutes.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I lived in town houses until this year so I got out of shoveling any snow the last 6 winters. Wife and I usually tag team the driveway so it only takes about 10 minutes.
lol you lucky SOB. When I bought my house 3 years ago, my father in law thought it would be funny to buy us His and Her shovels. Guess how much Hers has been used....

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol you lucky SOB. When I bought my house 3 years ago, my father in law thought it would be funny to buy us His and Her shovels. Guess how much Hers has been used....
Lol... Gonna go with zero.

My wife is more gungho about shoveling than me.

Now will she mow the lawn? No.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I got one for convenience kinda like I bought my riding lawn mower. It just took too long to mow and shovel. The cool thing is I went to buy a new snow blower from Ace hardware the owner of the store put my old snow blower in the store and sold it for me.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same reason I don't have one. I could squeeze it in if I organized the garage a little better though.

I also feel like if I wait a few years the battery operated ones will actually be good.

I was laughing at a buddy that bought an electric snowblower 12" wide, at a garage sale for ten bucks, he laughed with me and said what the hell if it sucks I'll pitch it. Thing is his driveway wasn't very big so he didn't need much. I happened to be there once when he used it on a 6 inch snow, thing was a beast, except for the cord.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I got one for convenience kinda like I bought my riding lawn mower. It just took too long to mow and shovel. The cool thing is I went to buy a new snow blower from Ace hardware the owner of the store put my old snow blower in the store and sold it for me.
I’ve never seen a more fitting post for @Urblock to like ?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My dad used to get up when I was a kid and shovel all the older people's drives and walks before the sun came up. A couple years ago, at 71, he slipped and broke his hip shoveling. Dumbass still wants to get out there, he's like a dog looking out the window when his pals are out playing. My mom is, obviously, inflexible about it.

He's a tough guy, but man what 73 year old wants to shovel?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, she was a DJ at our local butt-rock station before she got famous. She had a totally un-PC on-air character named 'Suzie Foo'; you can guess the rest
The first time I ever noticed her was a series, HBO i think with Bill Paxon, her role was a Mormon wife to BP. Interesting how she went from radio to where she is now. Did she ever meet Harvey Weinstein ?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dad used to get up when I was a kid and shovel all the older people's drives and walks before the sun came up. A couple years ago, at 71, he slipped and broke his hip shoveling. Dumbass still wants to get out there, he's like a dog looking out the window when his pals are out playing. My mom is, obviously, inflexible about it.

My 88 year old Great Grandmother was found on her sidewalk on a snowy winter morning with a snow shovel next to her. She was extremely fit and active, she lived on a farm most of her life and lived a healthy lifestyle. You don't get to choose when you go.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think there is some weird evolved-human primal base pleasure we experience when performing manual labor tasks that offer a dynamic of work that immediately leads to steady and meaningful progress.

Like my ape brane loves seeing the snow removed from walk/driveways.

Ape brane be like "Ooooh we move dat snow, it gone now an can walk an drive on dere"

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there is some weird evolved-human primal base pleasure we experience when performing manual labor tasks that offer a dynamic of work that immediately leads to steady and meaningful progress.

Like my ape brane loves seeing the snow removed from walk/driveways.

Ape brane be like "Ooooh we move dat snow, it gone now an can walk an drive on dere"
There's a weird sense of gratification after clearing the driveway/side walks or mowing the lawn.