CCS What are you drinking thread?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wild Turkey is definitely not my favorite.

I don't know what it is but it is just too ruff for me. Maybe I am not rugged enough for it.
[/Q4UOTE]
I've always thought it had a stronger bite to it than most.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wild Turkey is definitely not my favorite.

I don't know what it is but it is just too ruff for me. Maybe I am not rugged enough for it.

Of the cheaper bourbons I appreciate it doesnt have a syrupy taste to it. But I do hear u on the sort of astringent quality it has. It is 50 and a halve proof tho.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Of the cheaper bourbons I appreciate it doesnt have a syrupy taste to it. But I do hear u on the sort of astringent quality it has. It is 50 and a halve proof tho.

Actually it has 50 and a halve % of alcohol by volume which makes it 101 proof, that explaines the extra bite. Bacardi 151 rum was 151 proof so 75 and a halve % ABV. It has been discontinued because too many assholes tried doing flaming shots and set them selves on fire, see youtube.

On the other end of the spectrum you have Captain Morgan at 70 proof, so now they have a 100 proof version so the other alcohol doesn't laugh at them. Then you have the syrupy shit amaretto, Schnapps etc... that come in under 60 proof, as low as 40.

Then you got the insane level Everclear at 190 proof. We used it in a punch at a house warming party, ingredients:

Hawaiian punch, Hawaiian punch powder, tons of cheap Champagne, scoops of sherbet floating and lots of Everclear.

We had a keg of Becks so the real drinkers went for that while the lightweights and women went for the punch. "I'm not really a drinker, I'll just have the punch", okay. It got weird all the women and pussies got wasted and the guys were surrounded by drunk women, many epic stories about that night.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Actually it has 50 and a halve % of alcohol by volume which makes it 101 proof, that explaines the extra bite. Bacardi 151 rum was 151 proof so 75 and a halve % ABV. It has been discontinued because too many assholes tried doing flaming shots and set them selves on fire, see youtube.

On the other end of the spectrum you have Captain Morgan at 70 proof, so now they have a 100 proof version so the other alcohol doesn't laugh at them. Then you have the syrupy shit amaretto, Schnapps etc... that come in under 60 proof, as low as 40.

Then you got the insane level Everclear at 190 proof. We used it in a punch at a house warming party, ingredients:

Hawaiian punch, Hawaiian punch powder, tons of cheap Champagne, scoops of sherbet floating and lots of Everclear.

We had a keg of Becks so the real drinkers went for that while the lightweights and women went for the punch. "I'm not really a drinker, I'll just have the punch", okay. It got weird all the women and pussies got wasted and the guys were surrounded by drunk women, many epic stories about that night.

Boofing?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

sorry yeah I got ABV and proof backwards so shoot me.

(Dont actually shoot me like @Urblock wishes, just a figure of speech)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That jungle juice shit is nothing to fuck with. Made a similar drink in college and as expected, the night was always an udder (RIP Vick) drunken, sloppy mess but I always had a great time from what I remember.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That jungle juice shit is nothing to fuck with. Made a similar drink in college and as expected, the night was always an udder (RIP Vick) drunken, sloppy mess but I always had a great time from what I remember.

I learned a trick early on, use your juice of choice and add the powdered form of that flavor or something similar, it makes the mix so strong you can't taste whatever kind of booze you choose. You can make drinks that are 50% alcohol and taste like juice, very dangerous. That Hawaiian punch concoction at the party was delicious. I thought briefly about going with that instead of the beer, but then thought about being shit faced at my own party by 10:00 and said nah.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I learned a trick early on, use your juice of choice and add the powdered form of that flavor or something similar, it makes the mix so strong you can't taste whatever kind of booze you choose. You can make drinks that are 50% alcohol and taste like juice, very dangerous. That Hawaiian punch concoction at the party was delicious. I thought briefly about going with that instead of the beer, but then thought about being shit faced at my own party by 10:00 and said nah.
We would do the Everclear Punch and add various chunks of fruits to it, eating those pieces of fruit after they soaked was fun.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm really surprised you had the balls to serve this at a party, assuming people had to drive? Unless it was the 70s/80s, then you could just drive drunk and nobody gave a shit.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We would do the Everclear Punch and add various chunks of fruits to it, eating those pieces of fruit after they soaked was fun.

Every Friday we would drain the juice out of a jars of grapefruit segments, drink the juice with a little vodka, they fill the jar back up with vodka. So every Friday we had the most amazing grapefruit segments, great Buzz and loaded with vitamins.

I'm really surprised you had the balls to serve this at a party, assuming people had to drive? Unless it was the 70s/80s, then you could just drive drunk and nobody gave a shit.

1983, we were complete idiots, one couple hit a tree on the way home, the guy was in the hospital for a couple days, the woman was in for a couple weeks. It gets worse, there was also a pregnant woman sitting at the dinning room table selling and snorting cocaine, nobody said shit to her, behind her back we agreed it was messed up. The thing is I was getting a it's my house discount, and I didn't want to screw that up. That daughter turned out to be a fine healthy person in spite of her moms best efforts to fuck her up.

You guys rag on millennial's but my kid and her friends never do anything as stupid as the crap we did everyday.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You guys rag on millennial's but my kid and her friends never do anything as stupid as the crap we did everyday.
That means good parenting. As a gen xer I will still rag on them. They watch other people play video games like it is a television program (not in the same room waiting 4 their turn, and they put codeine in their jungle juice because ours isnt strong enough.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Btw, got nxt couple days off so 2nite ice cold old style. Something about working in the garden and puttering around on a humid day. Nice deckbeer after kiddos are tucked in.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought a bottle of orange juice to go with breakfast this morning. I have been downing it all day long like I am trying to beat scurvy. Minus the one glass my wife had...I am one glass away from finishing it all.

....and no vodka was involved!!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I bought a bottle of orange juice to go with breakfast this morning. I have been downing it all day long like I am trying to beat scurvy. Minus the one glass my wife had...I am one glass away from finishing it all.

....and no vodka was involved!!!

Dude u might have scurvy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure if that is medical advice or an insult.

This Tropicana got me trippin.
fun fact: limeys are called that because of that scurvy fighting technique BUT Captain Cook fed his sailors mounds of sauerkraut to combat it.