Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Minnesota would be his landing spot IF Cousin's contract were expiring

coolio

Liked Posts:
Can't see him signing with Tampa, think they will just franchise Jameis. Maybe the Panthers use him as a bridge for next year QB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Am I the only one who thinks they should have waited until after they get a QB in the draft to announce this? Just seems stupid IMO.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks they should have waited until after they get a QB in the draft to announce this? Just seems stupid IMO.

The draft is after FA.

Phillip Rivers is arguably the best player in that franchises history.

Why would they try to fuck him over by not allowing him to pursue HIS best interests?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Will he play for free?

msadows

Liked Posts:
And to stay on topic....

I don't know if I'd want him. With a good oline he'd be a definite upgrade to trubisky, issue is the cost will probably drive us out of the market for a good oline.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

They are showing him respect and kindness, as any sane organization would do in this situation with their most prolific player of all time.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Can't see him signing with Tampa, think they will just franchise Jameis. Maybe the Panthers use him as a bridge for next year QB.

Could be, but I think the Panthers are more likely going to do a mini rebuild.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
River’s arm is about fall off. Last year he had many flutter balls. I think he should retire and spend time with his wife and 20 kids.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The draft is after FA.

Phillip Rivers is arguably the best player in that franchises history.

Why would they try to fuck him over by not allowing him to pursue HIS best interests?
Because it’s a business

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They are showing him respect and kindness, as any sane organization would do in this situation with their most prolific player of all time.
Cool. When it potentially costs them a franchise QB in the first round they’ll regret it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Cool. When it potentially costs them a franchise QB in the first round they’ll regret it.
Do you really think that the other teams' GMs are so stupid to not know that he is gone without the Chargers saying that they are moving on?

Explain how letting teams know what they already know is going to "cost them a franchise QB in the first round"?

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Well I'm not sure why that would happen. The draft comes after free agency so it will be a moot point.

Also it would cost them players they already have and potentially FAs to be a dick to him. There is this idea out there you should take lots of factors into consideration when making decisions, not just the most obvious ones.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Do you really think that the other teams' GMs are so stupid to not know that he is gone without the Chargers saying that they are moving on?

Explain how letting teams know what they already know is going to "cost them a franchise QB in the first round"?
You’re acting like the possibility of them not taking a QB straight up doesn’t exist. Teams that are supposed to (or should) take QBs in the first don’t every year. Recent examples include NYG when they took Saquon. Broncos last season. Jaguars last season. This is not a foregone conclusion.