Chargers moving on from Phillip Rivers

jive

Liked Posts:
If he reverts back to his old form, sure. Issue is like you said he is 38.

He had a 1:1 TD/INT ratio on an offense with more weapons. 20 INT's is not good in todays NFL. Like...at all.

Do you honestly think NO DOUBT he would be better than mitch?

He also played behind a far superior oline, with a better supporting cast. He is 38 and has zero mobility, and would be behind a bottom 5 oline.

He very much could be worse than mitch. The hate for mitch on here has gotten to a nearly laughable level. Mitch is not a very good qb, but trust me, there is plenty worse out there.

If you get Rivers that means you spend at least a a half to a third of the available caproom(after cuts) you have to sign him. He will cost at least 15-20 million a year. That could get you hooper AND Brandon Scherff.

I'm good.

I won't disagree that Rivers would probably cost too much, especially for what you get. But, I honestly believe without a doubt that Rivers could out perform Mitch. His track record over the last decade speaks for itself. He has had good O-lines, and bad O-lines. He has had lots of weapons, and no weapons. He has had good coaches and bad coaches. One thing that remains is that his worst season during that time is better than Mitch's best season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I won't disagree that Rivers would probably cost too much, especially for what you get. But, I honestly believe without a doubt that Rivers could out perform Mitch. His track record over the last decade speaks for itself. He has had good O-lines, and bad O-lines. He has had lots of weapons, and no weapons. He has had good coaches and bad coaches. One thing that remains is that his worst season during that time is better than Mitch's best season.
Not only can he out perform Mitch but I believe one year with him would be great for Mitch. He never got to watch and learn a great like Jimmy G, Steve Young, or even Tom Brady for half a season got to watch Testaverde.

Its unusual but Trubisky could use a deep breath and would be a GREAT back-up to have at 10,000,000, and we can retain him after that if we want.

Now Rivers is going to have to play for 17,000,000 for the Bears or something, but maybe that is the high bid, and its probably a one year deal swan song type of thing.

I think Brady will go to the Chargers due to "going home", he certainly is worth the most money to that franchise and they aren't selling tickets, need something to make L.A. feel like home. Bringing back the prodigal son would do that and they should offer Brady 30,000,000 or whatever makes him highest paid. It will pay for itself.

If he wants to go home he can and they have the WR's. Gronk might even sign up for L.A. Did he dance with the Laker girls?

Chargers aside, the Bears would be a nice option for Brady. He could bust all the franchise records at 42 years old.

But there is no way any QB near 40 looks at our offensive line and goes..."yeah I want to go there. Sign me up."

Looks like its Trubisky and discounted Alex Smith for us.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:

He's 38.

He threw 20 int's.

He isn't the same guy he was. And no, 2018 Mitch put up a better year than Rivers did last season.

You are entitled to you opinion, but the guys last full season proved he is a horrible qb now.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But there is no way any QB near 40 looks at our offensive line and goes..."yeah I want to go there. Sign me up."

1. Exactly

2. That or (gulp) Foles ?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Not only can he out perform Mitch but I believe one year with him would be great for Mitch. He never got to watch and learn a great like Jimmy G, Steve Young, or even Tom Brady for half a season got to watch Testaverde.

Its unusual but Trubisky could use a deep breath and would be a GREAT back-up to have at 10,000,000, and we can retain him after that if we want.

Now Rivers is going to have to play for 17,000,000 for the Bears or something, but maybe that is the high bid, and its probably a one year deal swan song type of thing.

I think Brady will go to the Chargers due to "going home", he certainly is worth the most money to that franchise and they aren't selling tickets, need something to make L.A. feel like home. Bringing back the prodigal son would do that and they should offer Brady 30,000,000 or whatever makes him highest paid. It will pay for itself.

If he wants to go home he can and they have the WR's. Gronk might even sign up for L.A. Did he dance with the Laker girls?

Chargers aside, the Bears would be a nice option for Brady. He could bust all the franchise records at 42 years old.

Or Drew Bledsoe.....