Chargers moving on from Phillip Rivers

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He'll retire. He doesn't seem to interested in uprooting his family.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Minnesota would be his landing spot IF Cousin's contract were expiring

That's weird. Cousins' contract is not expiring, so if a situation that's not happening, happens then you've got it all sorted out?

Okay, let me play.

If any team didn't have a plan at QB they would be interested in Rivers as a vet rental...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It's funny how all these old washed up hall of Famers like brady and rivers sucked last year and still would have set bears franchise records with their 2019 stats. Shows how inept this franchise has been.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
It's funny how all these old washed up hall of Famers like brady and rivers sucked last year and still would have set bears franchise records with their 2019 stats. Shows how inept this franchise has been.

True statement.

Bears offense led the league in punts last year. 11 of 16 games zero TD's in the first half. Brutal..Just...Brutal

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are used to lots of interceptions and he will throw a much better jump ball than Jamais.

I would like to take a moment to apologize for making every poster on CCS forever misspell "Jameis" Winston. My bad!

As to the OP....I think a Brady/Rivers Pats/Bolts switch would be a fun 2020 NFL storyline.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

Honestly this shouldn't be a hard decision for us.

1. Does it upgrade the QB room?
2. Does it upgrade the starting QB position?
3. Is Trubisky going to be a bust?

Why not? Its a godsend option. You go hard after it and fuck how Trubisky feels. His feelings aren't going to stop him from trying to be his best.

Rivers should get a strong offer from the Bears, and Brady should also if he is a FA on day 1 of FA.

But the Bears don't think like this.

What could be better? Honestly!...than a player who only has a year or two left to salvage some value with this D while they find a way to get a QB for the future.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hall of Famer for sure. If I were him I would just retire. Not sure if he has much left in the tank.
A player with the warrior spirit always has more in the tank.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

There are still Bears fans low-key hoping Turd Biscuit is the completely unchallenged starter next year.

38 yr old Rivers still threw for 4,600 yards last year & above average completion percentage for himself at 66%. He's only topped those yards three other times in his 16 year career.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he gets hurt cuz he is old or can't throw for 3500 yards all of a sudden(200 yards per game)...well than Trubisky will be there fresh, studying, learning from a great and ready for his chance to prove himself.

It would be good for Trubisky, imo.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he gets hurt cuz he is old or can't throw for 3500 yards all of a sudden(200 yards per game)...well than Trubisky will be there fresh, studying, learning from a great and ready for his chance to prove himself.

It would be good for Trubisky, imo.

There's really nothing to lose.

...now would Rivers want to play under Nagy? I doubt it.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Let's just say, if Rivers is to be our QB, you will notice a difference when our receivers drop passes.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You’re acting like the possibility of them not taking a QB straight up doesn’t exist. Teams that are supposed to (or should) take QBs in the first don’t every year. Recent examples include NYG when they took Saquon. Broncos last season. Jaguars last season. This is not a foregone conclusion.
You are acting like people are going to think that the Chargers are going to not understand that they are going to draft a QB if they do not get a contract signed early in the free agency process with Rivers or some other available QB. You DO realize that he is a free agent and can sign with anyone during the free agency period. How is anyone going to be fooled by the Chargers wanting him as their QB if he signs with someone else?