HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its pretty ridiculous to care about what round he came from. I only judge the product on the field and you can easily do far worse than a Leno Jr. at LT in the NFL. If anything the fact he was a 7th rounder was nothing but a plus because it means he was a diamond in the rough.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
To me, Leno is what Jermon Bushrod should have been. Leno has worked out very well for the Bears.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish we had this level of respect for Jordan Howard (5th round) instead of calling him fat, slow, and can't catch.
There were some ding-dongs suggesting we wasn't even NFL caliber talent.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wish we had this level of respect for Jordan Howard (5th round) instead of calling him fat, slow, and can't catch.
There were some ding-dongs suggesting we wasn't even NFL caliber talent.
Calling Howard fat, slow and unable to catch is disingenuous. He was a great Bear and was a lone bright spot during the Fox years on offense. That said, I think most fans realized he probably wasn't the best fit for what Nagy was needing out of a RB. Pace/Nagy made the decision to get something in return for Howard as opposed to just letting him walk next off season. It is what it is.

Also, Leno has never really been appreciated or given a sincere level of respect by the Bears fan base, IMO. He's a solid LT that most teams would love to have.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Calling Howard fat, slow and unable to catch is disingenuous. He was a great Bear and was a lone bright spot during the Fox years on offense. That said, I think most fans realized he probably wasn't the best fit for what Nagy was needing out of a RB. Pace/Nagy made the decision to get something in return for Howard as opposed to just letting him walk next off season. It is what it is.

Also, Leno has never really been appreciated or given a sincere level of respect by the Bears fan base, IMO. He's a solid LT that most teams would love to have.

Howard was those things. He was also very productive, ran hard, and was a stellar pass protector.

Values like Leno is the reason the Bears turned around. You have to hit on some guys that do not cost premium money and picks.

Also, decent chance Leno would be more of a threat in the passing game than Shaheen.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hell of a LT. People hate on him because he wasn't a first rounder, but dude does his job and is reliable.

Agreed. In regards to the rebuild having Leno was/is significant. Just in terms of resources need to potentially replace him if he wasn’t on the roster. More than likely a very high draft pick or a big cap hit in free agency. One of the few gifts from Emery

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The line was essentially garbage leading up to drafting him. Not sure what changed, but Leno has been one of the guys that really turned the O-line around.

It really could be argued that he has been a better player than Long, because he has played at a high level and stayed healthy. I hope he is able to play for another 10 years and retire as a Bear!!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Howard was those things. He was also very productive, ran hard, and was a stellar pass protector.

Values like Leno is the reason the Bears turned around. You have to hit on some guys that do not cost premium money and picks.

Also, decent chance Leno would be more of a threat in the passing game than Shaheen.
rolling_eyes_breaking_bad.gif

The more you post about Howard..the more it grows....the hate. I feel like CCS is making you do this, having a dislike about Howard.