Chase Daniel says the offense blew chunks because we couldn't run the football.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why? His playcalling is off balance and does not have any rhythmic flow too it. There are only so many schemes and plays...he sucks at applying them. Give up play calling duties asap and be a HC

I am not saying that isn't true.

But our OL routinely gets their ass whooped. Some of those schemes and play calls would work if they do not get their ass kicked.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also said multiple defenses gave the bears looks they didn't prepare for in practice. Lol okay matt nagy.

"When a defense plays two high safeties, you gotta be able to run the football, and we couldn't run the football"

How pathetic is it that most defenses weren't stacking the box and we averaged one of the worst YPC in the league.

Im not seeing the quote where he said the offense "blew chunks"... how drunk were tou at 2:30pm yesterday afternoon?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Hopefully he learned something this year but I suspect some of the wide plays came from the inside ones not working either, until he initiated the I and some play action. Playcalling has sucked since Nagy's been here but he doesn't seem an idiot so maybe it improves. Execution was horrible on everything they did. How often did we see an out or wr screen where the lead guy either missed a block or the catcher defeated it by taking a poor angle behind it? It was obvious that the OC was not coaching the finer points that help make plays more successful. It may be Nagy's O but there's a lot more nuance to running it than just knowing the plays.

I think they were coached to get to the sideline 100% of the time. That’s all they ever did. Even when the blocks dictated they needed to cut it in they would still try and force it to the sideline. Not sure how many times I saw an inside angle to cut it in and they literally would never do it. It’s almost like it was pounded into their head to get to the sideline and reiterated over and over and over. There were times where there was nothing outside. They had to cut it in and they just wouldn’t. Not sure how many what would have been positive gains on little stuff like screens ended up significantly less because the guy refused to cut it in. Cohen is obviously the king of this. Miller did it a lot too though. Relentlessly trying to get everything to the sideline.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I am not saying that isn't true.

But our OL routinely gets their ass whooped. Some of those schemes and play calls would work if they do not get their ass kicked.

For sure, I think the point is that the fact Nagy kept trying the same shit that doesn’t work over and over again, instead of adjusting his game plan to fit what he actually has to work with.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Also said multiple defenses gave the bears looks they didn't prepare for in practice. Lol okay matt nagy.

"When a defense plays two high safeties, you gotta be able to run the football, and we couldn't run the football"

How pathetic is it that most defenses weren't stacking the box and we averaged one of the worst YPC in the league.

I was looking for the article where Daniel said this....do u have the article or title? I wanna read more about it

msadows

Liked Posts:
I was looking for the article where Daniel said this....do have the article or title? I wanna read more about it

He was on multiple radio shows. This was from waddle and Silvy. Waddle actually asked good questions for once and Chase for the most part answered honestly.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Reinforced by the 2 GB games where they stayed in Nickel.

The real question will be, with different personnel and a new coaching staff, will we still have scheme execution problems and missed assignments? If so, Nagy is toast. Hopefully we clean things up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they were coached to get to the sideline 100% of the time. That’s all they ever did. Even when the blocks dictated they needed to cut it in they would still try and force it to the sideline. Not sure how many times I saw an inside angle to cut it in and they literally would never do it. It’s almost like it was pounded into their head to get to the sideline and reiterated over and over and over. There were times where there was nothing outside. They had to cut it in and they just wouldn’t. Not sure how many what would have been positive gains on little stuff like screens ended up significantly less because the guy refused to cut it in. Cohen is obviously the king of this. Miller did it a lot too though. Relentlessly trying to get everything to the sideline.
No way they were told to not take a block and to go sideline every time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He was on multiple radio shows. This was from waddle and Silvy. Waddle actually asked good questions for once and Chase for the most part answered honestly.

I think this is it.....Hour 1: Chase Daniel and Crosstalk. Thanks!

I'm listening now. They're making points I've made in the past about us having mediocre Qb's and not trying to improve.
They're talking about Pace "not damaging Mitch's psyche" by bringing in a Qb to compete.

Ok....Daniel just said it's the job of the players to execute the game plan and not make run game suggestions . I'm wondering how much latitude the Qb's have with audibles.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just listened to it yesterday

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Media reporting that Heistand and Helfrich were the running game coordinators. Nagy handled the passing game.

So Nagy doesn't handle the running game or the defense? So his only role is the passing game? No one should believe that. Also, anyone familiar Heistand's career can see this wasn't his type of running style.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is not wrong.

QBs, who are not elite, are elevated by a good running game.

Please people, stop blaming Nagy for the run game. Scheme is only a small part of it. The Bears have sub standard OL talent and lose a ton of 1 on 1 matchups.

He did not run in games as often or when he should...Green Bay was a prime example.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I think this is it.....Hour 1: Chase Daniel and Crosstalk. Thanks!

I'm listening now. They're making points I've made in the past about us having mediocre Qb's and not trying to improve.
They're talking about Pace "not damaging Mitch's psyche" by bringing in a Qb to compete.

Ok....Daniel just said it's the job of the players to execute the game plan and not make run game suggestions . I'm wondering how much latitude the Qb's have with audibles.
That is truly fucking pathetic.... Nagy can't call plays, with flow, rhythm, and purpose. Won't give up play calling duties, and has a QB that can only competently run about 1/4 of his full playbook... going into year fucking 4, in the NFL!

Ryan Pace is the mastermind of this shitfest, because he's too proud/arrogant to admit he fucked up with the QB position. So, he hires a offensive guy, to make said dud less of a shitball. And now, won't bring in any reliable backups/competition because said dud of a QB's feelings might get frazzled/hurt.

This is just going to get worse, from here on.