CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hear on Who You Crapping? that he went in on Bernstein over the Hawks locker room stuff. I know the name, can't say as I've ever really listened to him. Quite honestly, I hear him hocking products now more than anything else. In any event, I went through some of his tweets. Guy seems like a major douche. Can anyone confirm this?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chester Copperpot?

3af41584-ef4d-4c10-ba1e-75be8c68b748.jpg

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yes, he is a douche.

But so is Bernstein.

Entirely possible to have two douches engage each other in a douche a thon.

For a comparison, think of Maher and Affleck going at it. That's like a vortex of douche.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
And for those who aren't old enough to know, Bruce Wolf used to do a character on the Johnny B show - Chet Chit Chat.

'Chet Chit Chat's Lobotomy Line on Sports' - and it was fantastic. A spoof of Coppock.

Ironically enough, I was on a plane with Coppock last year. He was across the aisle about two rows up. He had loafers on with no socks. And he took his shoes off.

NASTY!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Chet back in the day was fabulous. If Crys did a top ten of Sports radio personalities in Chicago there would be a strong case that he is #1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chet_Coppock

I've wanted to do one. The problem was with TV sports anchors, they weren't well documented at all pre-1997 with archive data being scarce and buried into the pits of time. With sports radio, then things would be even harder. The TV anchor one took almost 3 months to gather enough information in freetime, I couldn't imagine the radio one.

Here's that top 10. http://www.chicitysports.com/2014/01/11/10-in-10-top-10-chicago-news-sports-anchors-of-all-time-1/

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I've wanted to do one. The problem was with TV sports anchors, they weren't well documented at all pre-1997 with archive data being scarce and buried into the pits of time. With sports radio, then things would be even harder. The TV anchor one took almost 3 months to gather enough information in freetime, I couldn't imagine the radio one.

Once we get the list, I'd be happy to help research. :)

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And for those who aren't old enough to know, Bruce Wolf used to do a character on the Johnny B show - Chet Chit Chat.

'Chet Chit Chat's Lobotomy Line on Sports' - and it was fantastic. A spoof of Coppock.

Wiki "While working for WLUP, Wolf created a character named "Chet Chitchat", a blended caricature of Chicago sportscasters Chet Coppock and Chuck Swirsky, his predecessor at WLUP, which became a weekly feature on the station's morning program."

It was really much more Swirsky than Coppock. Wolf is funny as hell, Coppock has always been a pompous goofball. But back then he was the only non WGN sports available, and he could be entertaining.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Did Chet Coppock ever have a syndicated show? I'm asking because I haven't lived in Chicago since the '80s, but I definitely know his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Coppock had anything worthy to contribute now he would have a steady gig. Now days he occasionally does a substitution role for a host and is a joke.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Coppock had anything worthy to contribute now he would have a steady gig. Now days he occasionally does a substitution role for a host and is a joke.

Every once in a while Chet shows up on that CSN talk show and it is frightening. He looks like a vampire, or mutated freak, I don't know if he had plastic surgery or a bad makeup job or what, but it's disturbing.

30 years ago in his prime he was a bizzare parody of himself, strutting around The Stadium before a game in a giant fur coat throwing around shout outs like he owned the place. All that said, back in the stone age he was an entertaining option to the pussified WGN tripe, I listened to and sometimes enjoyed his schtick.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL :hi5: He does like the full length fur coats. I couldn't agree more with the mutated vampire freak comment. It also looks like he has bad hair implants.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is a giant mess now, and should run from cameras.

Poor man can't help himself at this point.