Chicago Bulls 2019 Summer League Thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So far White is 0-11 from behind the three point line. I would like to see some growth to the point of not taking the fucking shot. At least we knew Lonzo cant shoot, but the man can pass. Lets hope Satoransky and Archie do a good job at the point this year.

Was hoping Hutchinson would be playing like a man among boys at this summer camp.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Coby is a scorer, the shots will eventually fall. Whats positive is that hes shown he can create his own shot and get to the rim in the halfcourt. Hes also shown hes willing to be a facilitator, but im not sure hes comfortable with this yet.

So yeah maybe he comes off the bench his first year. However despite a poor summer league stat wise thus far things point upward for him imo.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I have yet to see anything significant from Summer League ever translate to the NBA. If you already know where a player stands, then SL play is strictly for transitioning to NBA rules and at BEST, helps edge out that 14th roaster spot.

Let's raise our glass to toast all those special teams that spend millions on scouting summer league games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually thought he looked better the first game overall. Hes a very willing passer (which is good) but needs to work on his passing and when to pass. A few of his passes looked way too hard/off and others way too telegraphed/forced.

That said this is an abysmal team on offense. There is no spacing or flow of any kind. I'd like to see how Coby does in a more open and flowing offense. May make his adjustment to learning the position easier.

One thing about drafting a Roy Williams player is its the most open and friendly and fast system you can play in and boosts averages.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coby is a scorer, the shots will eventually fall. Whats positive is that hes shown he can create his own shot and get to the rim in the halfcourt. Hes also shown hes willing to be a facilitator, but im not sure hes comfortable with this yet.

So yeah maybe he comes off the bench his first year. However despite a poor summer league stat wise thus far things point upward for him imo.

I agree his shot looks good. It will go down at a rookie rate but you can work with a J like that. His shot point/trajectory is distrubingly low like all the scouts pointed out, but he is barely quick and just elusive enough to pop it off when he wants against most defenders. A few may trouble him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far White is 0-11 from behind the three point line. I would like to see some growth to the point of not taking the fucking shot. At least we knew Lonzo cant shoot, but the man can pass. Lets hope Satoransky and Archie do a good job at the point this year.

Was hoping Hutchinson would be playing like a man among boys at this summer camp.

What have you seen from Hutchinson to believe that it is possible or he will ever justify a first round selection much less a 1st round promise?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
If I'm not mistaken, Chad Hutchinson sucks at NBA basketball.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Coby with a few made 3’s

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coby needs to cut down on the TO's. Another bad game in that department.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
EVERYONE IS A BUST!!! TRADE EVERYTHING!!! FOLD THE FRANCHISE!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They let Dinwiddie go and then went after Hutchinson....lol

These guys always churn and churn and seem to find new value while wasting value left and right. There mistakes are often mitigated...I guess I can see why only Bulls fans really understand how bad it is.

They had so much fucking roster capital at one point and came out of it with 5 more years while we wait for Markenen/WCJ and they cover the tracks of the absolute abysmal managers they are.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
speaking of such...

OKC just got a first round pick for Jerami Grant.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaxson Hayes posterized yall boy

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
speaking of such...

OKC just got a first round pick for Jerami Grant.
Not the grant we had. we had Jerian

Saw a picture of Kris Dunn joining the team in the stands. Then watched White do his best impression of dribble and shoot without running the offense.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I know Chandler is coming off injury and its summer league, but i haven't seen anything from him that leads me to believe he is an NBA player. Hes literally pedestrian on the court. Its like someone found a tall dude on the street and stuck him in the game. He doesn't seem to have any real feel or instincts. What are his strengths? Because hell if i know.

Was nice to see Coby FINALLY hit (2!) a 3 pointer. You could tell it really boosted his confidence to see it go. However he let it go to his head a bit too much and got sloppy. Tightening up his handle is another thing he needs to work on.

Gafford has really come back to earth after that first game and shown why he was a 2nd round pick. Jaxson Hayes on the other hand looked pretty damn good. NO made out well in the AD trade.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I know Chandler is coming off injury and its summer league, but i haven't seen anything from him that leads me to believe he is an NBA player. Hes literally pedestrian on the court. Its like someone found a tall dude on the street and stuck him in the game. He doesn't seem to have any real feel or instincts. What are his strengths? Because hell if i know.

Was nice to see Coby FINALLY hit (2!) a 3 pointer. You could tell it really boosted his confidence to see it go. However he let it go to his head a bit too much and got sloppy. Tightening up his handle is another thing he needs to work on.

Gafford has really come back to earth after that first game and shown why he was a 2nd round pick. Jaxson Hayes on the other hand looked pretty damn good. NO made out well in the AD trade.
New orleans will be making out well for the next decade from that trade. Lakers were bidding against themselves.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are the Bulls eliminated or do they need to win and some help to advance?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Highlights show how good Coby was from mid range (stats back up the highlights) if he hadn't shot so poorly from three i imagine everyone would be hype about him.