Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Highlights show how good Coby was from mid range (stats back up the highlights) if he hadn't shot so poorly from three i imagine everyone would be hype about him.
I don't see any reason to be alarmed about him or anything. So far, he's about what I expected, minus the poor 3pt shooting. He'll get better as the season goes along

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't see any reason to be alarmed about him or anything. So far, he's about what I expected, minus the poor 3pt shooting. He'll get better as the season goes along
I dont see him getting much time even if they can move Dunn. You already have to put Satoransky and Archie in front of him. Really did not think it would have taken 3 years 9 million to keep Archie around.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont see him getting much time even if they can move Dunn. You already have to put Satoransky and Archie in front of him. Really did not think it would have taken 3 years 9 million to keep Archie around.
I doubt Archie is going to be in front of him in the rotation, that wouldn't make sense. White can play alongside either Dunn or Satoransky at the 1 or 2 also so there's room for him to get minutes in some shape or form.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On more limited viewing summer league observations, Gafford had a really nice block and another solid game on the offensive glass getting put backs.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Archie either blossoms(20% odds in his favor) or he regresses (most likely, seems to be the trend for grind-it white PGs that flash for a few months in one season).

Do you think the Bulls are really banking on him to take that next step? He's going to be retained to cover for injury or cut if everyone seems healthy. There is no planning the roster around Archie. If he becomes Nocioni-like in his progression, then I'll be happy to eat crow. And anyone who knows my history, knows I really like this kid, but you have to be fair and realistic with your expectations here, even in the midst of many headscratchers from the GarPax.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I doubt Archie is going to be in front of him in the rotation, that wouldn't make sense. White can play alongside either Dunn or Satoransky at the 1 or 2 also so there's room for him to get minutes in some shape or form.
Archie will if he does not cut down on the turnovers. Part of me just thinks they kept Archie around to D the kid up in practice and make him better. I just dont think it should take 3 million a year for practice, PRACTICE?

I dont know what they paid Archie on the two way deal last year, maybe 500k? A MILLION DOLLARS would have been a big bump. Makes me think there is more in mind.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Archie will if he does not cut down on the turnovers. Part of me just thinks they kept Archie around to D the kid up in practice and make him better. I just dont think it should take 3 million a year for practice, PRACTICE?

I dont know what they paid Archie on the two way deal last year, maybe 500k? A MILLION DOLLARS would have been a big bump. Makes me think there is more in mind.

These guys gave Felicio 32 million guaranteed.
I can no longer be shocked by the idiocy of GarPax.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Funny thing is, 25 years ago, that might not even be called a foul.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol Grayson...wasn't even the worst case of such a thing

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lol who gets ejected from friggin summer league.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Archie either blossoms(20% odds in his favor) or he regresses (most likely, seems to be the trend for grind-it white PGs that flash for a few months in one season).

Do you think the Bulls are really banking on him to take that next step? He's going to be retained to cover for injury or cut if everyone seems healthy. There is no planning the roster around Archie. If he becomes Nocioni-like in his progression, then I'll be happy to eat crow. And anyone who knows my history, knows I really like this kid, but you have to be fair and realistic with your expectations here, even in the midst of many headscratchers from the GarPax.

I was never all that impressed with Archie at Villanova, I thought he was the 5th or 6th best player on the championship team.

But from what I saw I would expect his deep shooting range to start falling for him.

If he can't stretch the floor with his shot, then I don't think he belongs in the league. Seth Curry is his ceiling.