Chicago Pro Hockey League

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has many prospects in it if you look at rosters. Saw some Bruins and guys around the league.

I am guessing the new practice facility set Chicago up to be great hosts for something like this.

Don't beat yourself up. This deserved its own thread.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait...Hinostroza is in it?

He was a local guy, I guess it makes sense?

I am cool with everyone in this thing except I can't think of any other contact sport where you would let your #3 pick play with those levels of amateurs.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Public Hockey League plays on Wednesday nights over the summer. Tonight is the 3rd week. There are three divisions with one of them named the "Pro Division" which has 4 teams and a bunch of NHL players and prospects spread across the teams along with a bunch of minor league and college players. The Hawks that are playing are Toews, Kane, DCat, Strome and Murphy and prospects Dach, Boqvist, Beaudin, Entwistle, Kurashev, Hagel and Johnson.

Here's the website: https://www.chicagoprohockeyleague.com/

Here are a couple vids I saw posted on a couple twitter feeds:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a gift for the Chicago Hockey community, to have a summer beer, and youth leagues, playing alongside Hawks off-season practice and conditioning. Obviously the guys aren't taking too serious, but

Looks like something Hawks fans should attend on Wednesday nights. Looks like a fun place up close with players you don't usually get to interact with.

#Bigfoot needs to take his kids.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish they weren't all played in the city. Too much trouble getting there. I still miss going to practices at the Edge. Ruutu getting picked up by the cops in a funny memory.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Soooo like a beer league for pro's? Hope they got good insurance.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another bonus though is you have this facility and community interaction and a fun summer league...

WHERE OTHER TEAMS YOUNG PROSPECTS ARE ENJOYING THE CITY AND RUBBING ELBOWS WITH OUR GUYS.

More guys will continue smiling when they get traded here, and more agents may be calling when their guy hits free agency, or more agents may be primed to say yes when we call, and it also brings guys to the doorstep of our scouts in a unique environment to see their personalities a bit.

Its all good for the Hawks and I doubt they are worried about Dach. I am worried about the juniors on opposing teams if they send him back to Saskatchuwon. He is too fast, too big for teenagers.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What a gift for the Chicago Hockey community, to have a summer beer, and youth leagues, playing alongside Hawks off-season practice and conditioning. Obviously the guys aren't taking too serious, but

Looks like something Hawks fans should attend on Wednesday nights. Looks like a fun place up close with players you don't usually get to interact with.

#Bigfoot needs to take his kids.
I would take them if I didn't live so far away. My youngest would try to pick a fight with Toews.