Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sounds damn good.
Came out really good!

One change I think I'll make - not put the steak cubes in until towards the end. After browning them, they were pretty much medium rare. After cooking that long the texture turned into pot roast. Still good, but I think having them not broken down as much would be better. Brown in a seperate pan, and then drop them in after I move from simmer to warm on the chili.

Marty McFly

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Oregon State Beavers

I think most of us have a similar starting point for our chili. I don't see a lot in there that's all too different. However, I always throw in a block of Abuleta and can or two of beer. I promise your chili won't come out tasting like chocolate but it will have a deeper and richer flavor than you've ever had before.

Are you going to teach us how to make a proper mole?

Dude my mole is trash. I need to work on it before I teach anyone. I'll stick to the Dona Maria pre-made mole for the time being.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Came out really good!

One change I think I'll make - not put the steak cubes in until towards the end. After browning them, they were pretty much medium rare. After cooking that long the texture turned into pot roast. Still good, but I think having them not broken down as much would be better. Brown in a seperate pan, and then drop them in after I move from simmer to warm on the chili.

This is a good idea, I wish I would have thought of it years ago. If you do this before I get around to making chili again post an update.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I used to like this Chili-Mac recipe my Grams used to make when I was younger.... she sometimes made a batch and sent it to me in College.

Its kinda plain and simple, so I have been trying to tweak it.

Here it is:

1 lb Ground Beef (I do 80/20)

Brown Ground Beef (I season it with Chili powder, Paprika, Garlic salt, Onion Powder)

Drop the browned Ground Beef into a pot.

Add 2 cans of Tomato soup, 1.5 cans of water (I add more Chili powder and whatnot to the base)

Simmer for 30 mins

Add 1 can of Chili beans and 1 can of water and 1/2 cup of Macaroni noodles

Bring to boil, let it simmer for 30 mins.

Done.... I like to put some shredded cheese on top.

I made it with hot Chili beans this last time and I like the little bit of heat they add.

Any of you got suggestions of how I can modify or add to the recipe to make it better? Otherwise if you got your own Chili recipe to share :D
NOT Keto

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Chili protip.

U like chili dogs? Have an immersion blender. Turn your chili into a condiment!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
20191211_110504.jpg

WHAT TIME IS IT

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is a good idea, I wish I would have thought of it years ago. If you do this before I get around to making chili again post an update.
Doing it tonight. Cold front came through. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Latex gloves. When i was in college i was making salsa for a frat party. Started a pussy fire later that evening.
I was just looking for a bomb chili recipe and came across this post. It should be nominated for post of the decade

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
For people stuck at home that are thinking about having some chili.....

Bump.

No thank you to @HawkBear

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So I used to like this Chili-Mac recipe my Grams used to make when I was younger.... she sometimes made a batch and sent it to me in College.

Its kinda plain and simple, so I have been trying to tweak it.

Here it is:

1 lb Ground Beef (I do 80/20)

Brown Ground Beef (I season it with Chili powder, Paprika, Garlic salt, Onion Powder)

Drop the browned Ground Beef into a pot.

Add 2 cans of Tomato soup, 1.5 cans of water (I add more Chili powder and whatnot to the base)

Simmer for 30 mins

Add 1 can of Chili beans and 1 can of water and 1/2 cup of Macaroni noodles

Bring to boil, let it simmer for 30 mins.

Done.... I like to put some shredded cheese on top.

I made it with hot Chili beans this last time and I like the little bit of heat they add.

Any of you got suggestions of how I can modify or add to the recipe to make it better? Otherwise if you got your own Chili recipe to share :D
I’m curious as to how the noodles turn out, asking for a friend

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m curious as to how the noodles turn out, asking for a friend

Fine to me... since you do it at the end, the chili is done when the noodles are as done as you like.