Clady might be a Cap Casualty.....?! Do We?!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Per ROTOWORLD:

Ryan Clady - T - Broncos

According to ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold, Denver will "have to make a move" with LT Ryan Clady if the team acquires Colin Kaepernick.
Even if Kaepernick takes a big pay cut to join the Broncos, something he's been unwilling to do, Denver will have to make some adjustments to get under the $155.27 million salary cap for 2016. Cutting Clady makes the most sense, thought that would leave the Broncos with $1.2 million in dead money. Punter Britton Colquitt ($4 million cap hit in 2016) could be another cap casualty while Chris Harris, Aqib Talib and Demaryius Thomas could also be asked to restructure their contracts. Denver has just $1.62 million in cap space right now, easily the lowest number in the league.

Related: Colin Kaepernick
Source: ESPN.com Apr 3 - 11:27 AM

He has had injuries of late but he used to be THE dominant LT........Pace has brought in veterans to compete with starters at C, RG and LG. Why not LT?! there is precious little (Tayo!) behind Leno......

Pace should be adding a veteran late cut CB and Safety......why not a LT?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Absolutely I would ads depth and pushes leno no brainer we have the space

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bring him in for cheap, sure, why not? He has some pretty serious injuries though. Especially for a mammoth. Odds are he'll never be as good as he was. Better than Leno though? Certainly possible.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely you do it. A healthy Clady extinguishes the immediate need of LT depth

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Neither Leno nor Clady should be our starting LT.

Draft one.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Neither Leno nor Clady should be our starting LT.

Draft one.

Like draft picks don't bust as well. All of it is a crap shoot Nothing wrong with kicking the tires if its cheap.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Per ROTOWORLD:

Ryan Clady - T - Broncos

According to ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold, Denver will "have to make a move" with LT Ryan Clady if the team acquires Colin Kaepernick.
Even if Kaepernick takes a big pay cut to join the Broncos, something he's been unwilling to do, Denver will have to make some adjustments to get under the $155.27 million salary cap for 2016. Cutting Clady makes the most sense, thought that would leave the Broncos with $1.2 million in dead money. Punter Britton Colquitt ($4 million cap hit in 2016) could be another cap casualty while Chris Harris, Aqib Talib and Demaryius Thomas could also be asked to restructure their contracts. Denver has just $1.62 million in cap space right now, easily the lowest number in the league.

Related: Colin Kaepernick
Source: ESPN.com Apr 3 - 11:27 AM

He has had injuries of late but he used to be THE dominant LT........Pace has brought in veterans to compete with starters at C, RG and LG. Why not LT?! there is precious little (Tayo!) behind Leno......

Pace should be adding a veteran late cut CB and Safety......why not a LT?

If you want to improve LT then draft Stanley or Conklin as to be preferable over someone coming back from major surgery. Pace is probably considering all possibilities including Cady but is most likely going to wait until close to the draft or on draft day to see how the draft board falls.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Clady will be available for a good amount of time. I bet he gets signed near the draft

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Pace is still gonna have to cover the LT position with a vet to push Leno (Tayo ain't that guy!) and to secure quality back-up. The "Eggman" brought up "Orlando Pace 2.0"....oooooh such a cold chill up my spine. Clady has had two years of nasty injuries....and like Pace...was dominant....in his time.....Just think that Clady might have a few good year left in him.....?! and at what cost....?! I'm sure that Ryan Pace is on this.....(They just seem to enjoy looting the Bronco's roster.....)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Detroit desperate for a lt and have lots of cap space. Why does that matter? We won't get him for cheap. As matter fact Detroit offer for okung was a solid multi year deal and his best offer even though he chose a basically one year deal with no guarantees

TheDane

Liked Posts:
If Broncos cut him, and we could get him on an contract with a lot of playing time incentives (as he's been injured a lot lately), it'd be dumb of us not to consider it. I'm not very high on Leno..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Wait a minute: if Clady signs a 2 year deal he will be 30 during the contract and we know that Pace doesnt think anyone can play after 30. Therefore under the current regime and their philosophy this is a really stupid idea

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Wait a minute: if Clady signs a 2 year deal he will be 30 during the contract and we know that Pace doesnt think anyone can play after 30. Therefore under the current regime and their philosophy this is a really stupid idea

Running backs vs Tackles. Don't make this difficult.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He's been injured so much he's 28 in NFL years. :lol: