legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure how he didn’t get a concussion on one of those illegal hits. That 2nd hit when he was drove to the ground looked like he’d be out the rest of the game after he went to the tent. Then he drove the field and scored.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Defender attempted to avoid contact. Plus, it was outside the pocket, where different rules apply.

It was not a bad call...

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Why does somebody always have to argue against what is obviously a penalty. Mitch took a shot to the head after he let the ball go. In todays NFL that is a penalty plain and simple. The only way It would not of been is if he had been running with the ball which he was not doing on the play.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I think it was 50/50. Perfectly ok with it not being called.
for the tards who are still living in 1985 and don’t know the rules...

6. passer who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has left his hand is obviously out of the play and must not be unnecessarily contacted by an opponent through the end of the down or until the passer becomes a blocker, or a runner, or, in the event of a change of possession during the down, until he assumes a distinctly defensive position. However, at any time after the change of possession, it is a foul if:

1. an opponent forcibly hits the quarterback’s head or neck area with his helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Why does somebody always have to argue against what is obviously a penalty. Mitch took a shot to the head after he let the ball go. In todays NFL that is a penalty plain and simple. The only way It would not of been is if he had been running with the ball which he was not doing on the play.
Why? Cause Bears fans don’t understand QB play or QB penalties. It’s okay, Mitchgod doesn’t need Rodgers treatment to win. He’ll pass on concussion protocol for club dub any day of the week!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
for the tards who are still living in 1985 and don’t know the rules...

6. passer who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has left his hand is obviously out of the play and must not be unnecessarily contacted by an opponent through the end of the down or until the passer becomes a blocker, or a runner, or, in the event of a change of possession during the down, until he assumes a distinctly defensive position. However, at any time after the change of possession, it is a foul if:

1. an opponent hits the quarterback’s head or neck area with his helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder
Now quote it all, instead of just quoting a select bit. https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-the-passer/

If you don't want to read...i can't help you.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I will stand with the call on the field and what is clear from reading the rules, thanks.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
“If the passer stops behind the line and clearly establishes a passing posture, he will then be covered by all of the special protections for passers.”

@Visionman can you read the above outloud for all to hear from the link that you provided that completely goes against your argument?