Cody Whitehair back at Center

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I was surprised disappointed they made the move in the first place. I understand Daniels was projected to be a center in the NFL, but once he found success at LG I hoped the Bears would stick with what fucking worked. Instead we played musical chairs with the OL, just like when we tried a good RG at LT in Long years ago, and this has had pretty much the same bad results. When you find OLmen in a position of success, stop fucking moving them around just to see what happens. If there was an injury that's one thing, but switching these 2 "for funsies" was a stupid idea and lo and behold it hasn't worked.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't have a problem with any of this. While hindsight is 20/20 most posters here including my self wanted White and Daniels to switch to their natural positions and eventually that what the Bears did. Half-way through the season, that obviously hasn't worked so it looks like they are switching them back. I think most posters here also wanted that.

So what's the problem here...? Buncha crybaby posters looking for something to bitch about.

Are they switching them back? I didn't even hear about that. If true then lets hope it works. We need all the help we can get. Now if Leno can get back to the guy he was before he signed his new contract we'd be good.......at OL that is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was surprised disappointed they made the move in the first place. I understand Daniels was projected to be a center in the NFL, but once he found success at LG I hoped the Bears would stick with what fucking worked. Instead we played musical chairs with the OL, just like when we tried a good RG at LT in Long years ago, and this has had pretty much the same bad results. When you find OLmen in a position of success, stop fucking moving them around just to see what happens. If there was an injury that's one thing, but switching these 2 "for funsies" was a stupid idea and lo and behold it hasn't worked.

I think it was RT that we tried Long at but i get your point and i think it was worth trying him out there to see if he could play there full time.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think it was RT that we tried Long at but i get your point and i think it was worth trying him out there to see if he could play there full time.

You're right, it was RT not LT. My point being they need to stop this musical chairs on the oline nonsense. At least in Longs situation the team needed to find a OT. The 2019 Bears already had decent OG and C on the roster, they just decided to make them play a different position.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Are they switching them back? I didn't even hear about that. If true then lets hope it works. We need all the help we can get. Now if Leno can get back to the guy he was before he signed his new contract we'd be good.......at OL that is.
Well that's the title of this thread... and the info in the tweet from the original post.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
But again, Whitehair has his warts a center, namely snap-punting the ball over the QB's head.

The change made perfect sense in the first place.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well that's the title of this thread... and the info in the tweet from the original post.

Yeah i clicked on the section that shows someone mentioned my poster name so i didn't even click on the actual thread so never saw the name of the thread or the OP until after i made that post. Jamieboyvu can't get me out of his head so he mentioned my poster name on here before i ever even made a post or even clicked into this thread.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Considering the only source I can find reporting this is this poorly followed twitter account, I'm going to say there's a 90% chance this is not true. Although it is possible if they were to make some type of switch, they wouldn't want to publicize it. While I'm pretty confident the season is a lost cause at this point, this type of switch is more likely once mathematically we are eliminated and the coaches start trying to grasp at some sort of changes that might give hope and paint opportunities for next year. As of right now, our O-Line across the board needs work. If we get mathematically eliminated early, we may see some changes to see what we have in some of our depth like Coward and Bars and perhaps a Daniels/Whitehair swap back.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
But again, Whitehair has his warts a center, namely snap-punting the ball over the QB's head

This is one of the easier things to teach. High school Centers are regularly able to get a shotgun snap down. If the team+Cody took a concentrated effort they could probably fix it in an offseason. But considering they have switched him back and forth from C and Guard every season he's been here, guy probably hasn't had an offseason where he knew he would be playing Center in the upcoming season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is one of the easier things to teach. High school Centers are regularly able to get a shotgun snap down. If the team+Cody took a concentrated effort they could probably fix it in an offseason. But considering they have switched him back and forth from C and Guard every season he's been here, guy probably hasn't had an offseason where he knew he would be playing Center in the upcoming season.
he holds the ball at the tip and flips it. He knew he was going to be center last year and it was still bad. His snaps are closer to rugby

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
he holds the ball at the tip and flips it. He knew he was going to be center last year and it was still bad. His snaps are closer to rugby
It's easier to teach technique, than to teach the mental aspects of the position that prevent this.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This

Good/great O-line play is hard to find(as we've seen this year). Quit moving these fuckers around if they're successful at 1 spot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really should have happened during bye week. Better late than never I guess.

Yeah...I was a huge Whitehair/Daniels flip guy but I was completely over it by week 3. I saw it, I saw what it did to Leno, who lost the athleticism to his right and had his age deeply exposed.

As long as we have Leno this issue looks very clear and while it took them 5 weeks longer to assess then a message boards psychotic village idiot, I am actually still proud of them to reach the same conclusion and actually have the stones to pull the trigger and make a change. Good job Bears. Lets us know somebody is still working over at Halas Hall night and day to figure it out.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Finally, it only took half the fucking season. I've been saying the whole time that the Daniels/Whitehair switch was the beginning of the downfall of the o-line and entire team. It affected the running game, playcalling, and Mitch. Throughout Bears history, every single time the Bears have tried to move an O-lineman out of position it has failed. Remember Long at tackle? Just horrible coaching to fix something that wasn't broke. Our O-line went from a strength to weakness because of this bullshit.

Our coaching staff tries to outsmart everyone instead of making decisions based on the actual play of our players. That sums up our entire offense actually. Good coaches put players in position to succeed based on their talents. Our staff just decides on paper how things "should" be then sticks to it, even though it's failing horribly.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah i clicked on the section that shows someone mentioned my poster name so i didn't even click on the actual thread so never saw the name of the thread or the OP until after i made that post. Jamieboyvu can't get me out of his head so he mentioned my poster name on here before i ever even made a post or even clicked into this thread.

It still gives the name of the thread that you were mentioned in. You have to literally click on the thread title to follow the link.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy was asked if Cody Whitehair is being moved back to center. He said he wouldn’t get into game strategy.

Christ the man is a tool. Just admit that your idea to switch them failed, you were too stupid to notice that until WEEK TEN(!) and move on.

He's always wrong, and he thinks he's always right. There's nothing worse than that in a human being.