Coming to Orlando on vacation? Ask me anything...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmm. Good question. The two lake vacation destinations that I am most familiar with are Lake Rathbun (southern Iowa). I grew up about 15 minutes from this lake and spent a lot of time on there boating and camping growing up. There's campsites all around the lake and you can rent RVs (if you are serious, my dad rents his 5th wheel out. Nice camper, just don't use it anymore and is probably available. He'd haul it down and set it up I'm sure. It's Iowa). Good fishing all around the lake and the marina rents out Pontoons/Jet Skis. There is also Honey Creek Resort that has a hotel with a waterpark and cabins available to rent. I'll say, I've had a ton of good times on this lake. If you're looking for views like you have in Colorado, this isn't the spot lol, but it's a good family destination that is cheap.

The other is Okoboji. Its' in NW Iowa and I have less experience here. This is a party lake. Houses are built on it along with bars and restaurants. Alot more money has been dumped into Okoboji than Rathbun in terms of development. It is Iowa's "Clearest" lake or so they claim. Rathbun is bigger, but no houses. Okoboji is also home to the shittest strip club I've ever been too. The dance stage and private dance room are separated by a curtain lol.

You can PM with any questions if you are actually interested lol.
Fuck yes. You killed this.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hmm. Good question. The two lake vacation destinations that I am most familiar with are Lake Rathbun (southern Iowa). I grew up about 15 minutes from this lake and spent a lot of time on there boating and camping growing up. There's campsites all around the lake and you can rent RVs (if you are serious, my dad rents his 5th wheel out. Nice camper, just don't use it anymore and is probably available. He'd haul it down and set it up I'm sure. It's Iowa). Good fishing all around the lake and the marina rents out Pontoons/Jet Skis. There is also Honey Creek Resort that has a hotel with a waterpark and cabins available to rent. I'll say, I've had a ton of good times on this lake. If you're looking for views like you have in Colorado, this isn't the spot lol, but it's a good family destination that is cheap.

The other is Okoboji. Its' in NW Iowa and I have less experience here. This is a party lake. Houses are built on it along with bars and restaurants. Alot more money has been dumped into Okoboji than Rathbun in terms of development. It is Iowa's "Clearest" lake or so they claim. Rathbun is bigger, but no houses. Okoboji is also home to the shittest strip club I've ever been too. The dance stage and private dance room are separated by a curtain lol.

You can PM with any questions if you are actually interested lol.
That actually sounds like a lot of fun

Reactions: DC

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
@nvanprooyen

What is the scene like at Universal these days? Have you been?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not orlando related but anyone been to Tybee Island/Savannah area before?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@nvanprooyen

What is the scene like at Universal these days? Have you been?
I was there like a month ago or so. They were doing a good job keeping everything clean, enforcing social distancing, etc. Wasn't too busy. I'll probably go again early December in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds, likely on a weekday.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I was there like a month ago or so. They were doing a good job keeping everything clean, enforcing social distancing, etc. Wasn't too busy. I'll probably go again early December in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds, likely on a weekday.

Are those places really fun for you?

I have found most large amusement parks to be a total pain in the ass, mainly because you spend 3/4 of the day waiting in line surrounded by bitchy children and their entirely over it parents.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I have found most large amusement parks to be a total pain in the ass, mainly because you spend 3/4 of the day waiting in line surrounded by bitchy children and their entirely over it parents.
I'm pretty strategic about when I go. I try to go when crowds are low + take advantage of express included with my annual passes. If you time it right, it can be a lot of fun.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes i would like to know where all the hookers hang out in Orlando. I'm kinda a cheap bastard so if they are missing some teeth, or have a crack pipe sticking out of their mouth that's ok as long as i get a discount.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes i would like to know where all the hookers hang out in Orlando. I'm kinda a cheap bastard so if they are missing some teeth, or have a crack pipe sticking out of their mouth that's ok as long as i get a discount.
That would be OBT - Orange Blossom Trail

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I've always like you, Thanks she looks like what i had in mind. She's got that K Harris look that's been turning me on lately.
Are you drunk already?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Where is the best place in Orlando to avoid those elusive humid loving black bears?
You don't see them much unless it's "cold" out, which is usually 2 months max.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@MDB111™ if you're planning on hitting Universal again with the family, VelociCoaster is opening in June. Thing looks awesome. Although I'm sure the wait times are gonna be stupid for at least the first several months.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Express passes make the difference. They are expensive though. My best advice is to stay in a premium resort that gives free Express. It's totally worth it, and totally changes your experience. My #1 pick for that would be Royal Pacific. The room rates are a lot higher, but when you factor in free Express for everyone staying in the room it is a solid value.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How about gator hunting?
You've gotta apply for a permit and then it's a random lottery. I think non residents is pretty expensive. Like a grand. I wanna say the season is Sep - Oct, but not 100% sure. I've never done it.

Edit - here you go...

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Does orlando still have that strip club called the booby trap that looked like tits.