contender or pretender?

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, on NFLN they had a segment called contender or pretender regarding the post season. They had the Cowboys, Cardinals, Packers, Lions and the Bears as their options. DAL, ARZ and CHI all had contender's for them with GB and DET being the pretender's. Crazy that we got that nod from them.

They did say how atrocious our defense is stating that in the last 3 games we've given up more than 40 points and Lovie never gave that up in 9 years as our coach. They also stated that our rush defense is complete shit. Their reasoning for the contender tag is that they have faith in Trestman and our offense is looking good. They think we'll really start clicking in the upcoming weeks.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the D was just mediocre I'd say they have a good chance with Trest's O, but they are complete shit so...

I completely agree, I love the Bears as much as anyone but I'm chalking this year up as a complete learning / overhaul process. I just find it funny that they had the top 3 NFCN teams on there and only Da Bears were given the nod to move on.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I completely agree, I love the Bears as much as anyone but I'm chalking this year up as a complete learning / overhaul process. I just find it funny that they had the top 3 NFCN teams on there and only Da Bears were given the nod to move on.

Before the Ravens game I pretty much chalked off this season, but then with the win and the Lions loss combined with the belief that just maybe the D could reach the level of mediocrity I started to buy into the "just make it in and anything can happen" mindset.

Then the Rams game happened.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So everyone can stop with that bullshit narrative of "The media hates the Bears" now, right?

Good.

illmatic34

Liked Posts:
Extremely hard to take this team seriously with a run defense like this.

Ratliff may be a difference maker, but if you're hinging your hopes on a DT who hasn't played in a year and a half then that says something.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well, i saw a tweet today that we are top 5 or 6 in scoring. If our defense even stopped a quarter of the points given up, our record would look a hell of a lot different. I think its safe to say we have a hell of an offense... lets get that D going and we are contenders. Though I lean more of a playoff birth than a Super Bowl at this point.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
We lost against the Rams and the Redskins, its hard to take this team seriously.
The Redskins, particularly. That game will come back to be the one that haunts the Bears considering how bad the skins really are.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Let's not get too excited. The offense under McNown hasn't been stellar. Remember, 7 of the points in the Balt game were on a pick 6. Red zone in particular has been shit. A lot of points left on the field

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
And the Lions just lost to the Bucs and Steelers. So?

And we just lost two to the Lions.

Aside from the fact that the NFC North is arguably one of the worst divisions, atm.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

The national media loves offense. Welcome to the other side of the coin.