Coronavirus Projects?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Real life got in the way, but finally managed to squeeze in a few hour here and there and finished up my first ever shower remodel.
Tiling was not near as bad as I thought once I had the right tools.
Gutted all the plumbing, ripped out the green board and used cement board, waterproofed it and finally tile, fixtures, grout, and sealing...
Same set up on both sides.

I had to drop from 6 jets down to 4... they pop out with pressure and I didn't quite have enough to run all 6 jets and 2 showerheads at once and get the desired results.

eliminating the 2 jets was plenty.
Feels like an emergency decontamination booth in a biological research lab.

Gotta toss up some trim around the outside, grout the front face of the little lip up front and away I go!

View attachment 9105View attachment 9106
I've always wondered where you take dumps and now I know.

Nice work.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It is- out on to the back deck.
My next project is an outdoor shower right off the deck I think.

Outdoor showers are legit. It would be fun to go air dry on the deck after a hot day.

Are you going to do the tub next?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Outdoor showers are legit. It would be fun to go air dry on the deck after a hot day.

Are you going to do the tub next?

That is the plan- Same tile scheme as the shower.

As for the TP situation.... all those karens and their hoarding. I have sandpaper for emergencies.

jk- I have not changed out that toilet yet. there is a tiny little half bath about 8x4 that I use when I am there. I changed that one out first because you know how it is when you have a project going- shit everywhere.
I didnt want to have to navigate through all that if I started prairie dogging.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That is the plan- Same tile scheme as the shower.

As for the TP situation.... all those karens and their hoarding. I have sandpaper for emergencies.

jk- I have not changed out that toilet yet. there is a tiny little half bath about 8x4 that I use when I am there. I changed that one out first because you know how it is when you have a project going- shit everywhere.
I didnt want to have to navigate through all that if I started prairie dogging.

When I am doing a project house I most certainly do not "shit everywhere." Hurts the resale value.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm more of an upper decker type of guy

only when the host of the party is a total dickwad.

Actually if I ever find myself at a party where I just do not like the company but cannot leave for one reason or another I just drink Jagermeister and then I don't remember the party at all.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm more of an upper decker type of guy

A dude at work mentioned upper Deckers to his kid around April fools day a couple years back.
Fast forward 2 weeks and my dude had to buy a new toilet for the family of his kids friends.
His kid tried to drop one, his foot slipped off the seat and dropped him on the tank.

Apparently the kid was almost done, so there was shit and tank water everywhere.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A dude at work mentioned upper Deckers to his kid around April fools day a couple years back.
Fast forward 2 weeks and my dude had to buy a new toilet for the family of his kids friends.
His kid tried to drop one, his foot slipped off the seat and dropped him on the tank.

Apparently the kid was almost done, so there was shit and tank water everywhere.

Dayam!!!