CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have new carpet being put in on Tuesday, so I've been prepping rooms and painting.
Well this is officially done. Just need to install the closet systems, and am going to do blinds as opposed to the drapes I originally had up in all three rooms.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So skip the stain, and go with good old thompsons... Got it.

Whats is your take on those engineered/plastic decking materials?
There are better products than Thompsons, most have a few color options, honey, walnut, red oak etc. if you use the clear they grey out from the sun, the colors hide that a bit, Maryland Bear is right though. Decks are high maintenance, all of the sealers fade out, still look somewhat decent the 2nd year but the 3rd, meh. If you don't mind the work powerwash the weathered stain deck every 2 or 3 years and re-apply.

The composite deck material is the bomb, if the deck is under a lot of trees the residue(tree dirt) collects on the surface (takes a couple years) of the deck which power washes out pretty easy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The cost for some of the closet systems are insane.
I’m looking at those Closet-Maid systems from Menards/Home Depot, but yeah, those are still more than I really want to spend. I took at a look at the Container Store, and I shouldn't have been allowed on that website.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m looking at those Closet-Maid systems from Menards/Home Depot, but yeah, those are still more than I really want to spend. I took at a look at the Container Store, and I shouldn't have been allowed on that website.
Might be better to DIY copying or using some of the designs for ideas.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Started the garden today.

I overwintered about a dozen ultra hot pepper plants, and they went outside today. I will have to watch the temps because if we get any dips below 40 I will have to bring them back in.

The garden box spit out a bunch of lettuce, onions, and garlic chives. and I randomly have a bunch of cilantro growing over by the water spigot.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then this coming weekend I am building a new PC workstation.
...as a follow up PC build is done. For the geeks here:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-core
128GB RAM
2 1TB NVMe 4.0 SSD's

And transferred over my PS, Photo RAID array, video card, and managed to stuff it all into a nice 4U rackmount case that fits nicely in my desk.

Gaming it's a good step up from my old machine, but nothing world-breaking. Photoediting--especially high-end denoise and astro-stacking the thing hauls balls!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't do any of the work on my car I had planned. Spent my 2 weeks drinking and smoking weed.
The short shifter I ordered finally shipped 2 weeks later and I kind of wanted to install that and everything else over a couple day span, but that's out for now and it's back to one at atime.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kitchen facet has been having water pressure issues. Pulled the sprayer apart, cleaned out the aerators and mineral deposits, hook it back up and still is shit. House is only 3 years old so I look up the manufacturer and they send me a cartridge and quick connect to replace. 1 hour later and good to go. Plumbing shit may be my least favorite thing to do.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Anyone ever replace gutters? Any tips? What's good to buy? What's not good to buy? Troubleshooting?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Anyone ever replace gutters? Any tips? What's good to buy? What's not good to buy? Troubleshooting?

I've installed new and replaced a few.

Big box stores carry everything you need to DIY- There are many youtube videos that can help along the way as well. Depending on how old your home is, you might see some rotted fascia boards that will need replacing.

This guy has good videos.

I would recommend 2 people for the long and high up runs. To me, that was always the hardest part is needing an extra set of hands because you have to gently slope the runs----1/2" for every 10 feet. Good luck!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
One of my friends owns a gutter fabrication company. I can ask him next time I talk to him.
You don't have to do that. I just know you've mentioned some projects you've done before so I figured you'd be a good person to go to.