CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Good grief. Has this team been injured more this year than previously under Maddon? It seems like it.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Man what a pick up. This guy just keeps disappointing me everyday.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fuck man, this team can't catch a break.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Injury wise? I couldn't agree more. But it's kind of a wash out by being in first on 8/5 after playing a lot of uninspiring baseball.
Cubs are 4 losses behind the Braves for second best record in the NL. They suck

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Injury wise? I couldn't agree more. But it's kind of a wash out by being in first on 8/5 after playing a lot of uninspiring baseball.
Maybe on the road. At home they look like a serious contender.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe on the road. At home they look like a serious contender.
I dont believe that road record. Cubs never had issues playing on the road. I find it one of those baseball things. Play .500 ball on the road and they win the division. I feel like it became a head game because so many people talk about it. We also have not done well in 1 run games and that tells me things have to even out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs are 4 losses behind the Braves for second best record in the NL. They suck

So you think they've played up to their capabilities? Sorry, I think they can be better than they've shown.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I dont believe that road record. Cubs never had issues playing on the road. I find it one of those baseball things. Play .500 ball on the road and they win the division. I feel like it became a head game because so many people talk about it. We also have not done well in 1 run games and that tells me things have to even out.

What do you mean you don't believe it? You're saying the road record doesn't exist or what?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think they've played up to their capabilities? Sorry, I think they can be better than they've shown.
I feel like they have had some weird things happen this season. Have they played up to their capabilities? Nope, but its baseball. Their run differential has been good. Playing great at home. Weird things happening on the road. Injuries. I still like the talent and you just need to get in to have a shot.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I think the one run thing is a direct result of their BP issues. I don't know what the road thing is, but it seems, and I don't have any data in front of me to back this up, but it seems they don't hit very well with RISP on the road. At home, they seem to get more of those clutch hits, and hits with RISP in general. If they were just .500 on the road, they'd be running away with the division.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the Cubs had just ponied up the money for Kimbrel in the offseason and gotten him to spring training on time, if he would have gotten injured so soon (with such bad ROI). That said, the next clean inning Kimbrel pitches for the Cubs will be his first. I wasn't impressed by him other than the fact that he was a slightly better option than Brad Brach.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck