Cubs add releiver

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Well, he's been up and down over his career. Almost a sine wave in the primary stats. If '20 is an up year, could be a good pickup. He also knows the Brewers pretty well, which might help. Hate losing players within the division, but it can go the other way, too...

-Doug

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
At least its not Abers.

Pretty strange he had no real offers and he got signed to a major league deal. Would mean he would need to be DFA's or accept assignment to work at Iowa, right? Hope the money goes away if he does.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boom or bust honestly. Let's hope he is in a boom year.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Picking up all these no names and hoping one turns it around.

No names? Jeremy Jeffress is not a no name player. Quite the opposite actually. The guy was an all star in 2018. He has name recognition...he just had a really bad 2019.

If jeffress or morrow pan out in 2020, the cubs will be getting a top notch set up guy and will have spent next to nothing on the two combined. And worst case scenario neither pans out and they are out next to no money

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No names? Jeremy Jeffress is not a no name player. Quite the opposite actually. The guy was an all star in 2018. He has name recognition...he just had a really bad 2019.

If jeffress or morrow pan out in 2020, the cubs will be getting a top notch set up guy and will have spent next to nothing on the two combined. And worst case scenario neither pans out and they are out next to no money

I agree. It's amazing how many of these bandwagon jumpers seem to think that throwing a shitload of money around will bring instant success. Boys, money doesn't always buy happiness. What team throws more money around than any other? My guess would be the Yankees. The Yankees have been to the World Series exactly once in the last 16 years.

What the Cubs are doing is minimum risk for potentially big rewards.....hopefully, a few of these guys work out.

FattSlimm

Liked Posts:

I hope they both come up big and in particular Morrow. When he was healthy (the short time that he was), he was lights out. Also, think it was a nice gesture to sign with the Cubs on a minor league deal as a way of trying to repay them for the money he was paid for doing nothing.