Cubs at Cards : Final Series of the season

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
First time in 54 Days!!! that the Cards and Brewers have lost on the same night. Amazing.

Brewers miss out tonight on a shot of tying for the division lead.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, Cubs did their job tonight so far. Don't want to hear Brewers fans bitch about this lineup.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Well, Cubs did their job tonight so far. Don't want to hear Brewers fans bitch about this lineup.

it would be so typical if they beat the cards 2/3. that would have meant they just needed to win 2/3 from the pirates last series and split at home the previous series vs the cards.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
it would be so typical if they beat the cards 2/3. that would have meant they just needed to win 2/3 from the pirates last series and split at home the previous series vs the cards.

Yep. Losing 4 by 1 run each sucked. And the 2 to the reds.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I am expecting a cubs tweet of take care of your own business instead of worrying about ours.
Just think the best thing is both milwaukee and st louis splitting the final series the same way. If the brewers lose tomorrow, they get to have a division celebration on fox tomorrow.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs should focus on losing vs pumping up any pride that they have left.

Win = hallow victories.

Lose = real victories on June 2.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cubs should focus on losing vs pumping up any pride that they have left.

Win = hallow victories.

Lose = real victories on June 2.
You want the Cubs to lose to the Cardinals allowing the Cardinals to win the division so they can possibly move up one spot in the draft ???

seriously you’d rather lose on the field because of the draft ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am expecting a cubs tweet of take care of your own business instead of worrying about ours.
Just think the best thing is both milwaukee and st louis splitting the final series the same way. If the brewers lose tomorrow, they get to have a division celebration on fox tomorrow.
If the Brewers lose they get to have a division celebration?

wait what ?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You want the Cubs to lose to the Cardinals allowing the Cardinals to win the division so they can possibly move up one spot in the draft ???

seriously you’d rather lose on the field because of the draft ?

Will winning get them into the play offs?

Does it really matter if either the Crew or the Cards win the division?

You are just being petty

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs could go 16-20. 3 way tie and NYM 1 game up.

Pool info for 2020 has not been given out yet but it should be semi significant.

Shoot if winning meant getting in I get it. They shit the bed already. Might as well get something out of it.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
I was listening to the game actually getting nervous up 8-2 and bases loaded for Cards in the 8th...or was it 7th? At any rate...I don't know why I wanted to win that game so bad. I guess I just wanted that losing streak to stop...and it's the Cardinals.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Man...this bullpen. I know Hamels was on an inning count. If not...it would have been horrible decision to pull him. As it is...just get to this dumpster fire bullpen and u have a chance.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
I hope this ENTIRE bullpen is gone next year. Can't do much worse than this. Shitsek has to go. 3 walks and a hit batter this inning...between him and the hapless, hopeless Wieck.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
All Cishek has done this year is walk guys the bases loaded followed by a walk to get a run in.

Never seen a team like this team where they continually walk runs in.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I just don’t understand how this pen is 100% $hit. I thought our statistical management geniuses where suppose to relay in what pitches to make to insure success. What the heck happened to the genius crew?