Cubs at Cards : Final Series of the season

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
they win and maybe sweep the cards. too little too late.
Brewers screwed up again and didnt gain any games last 2 nights. now the best they can hope for is a tie in the division tomorrow w/ a cubs win and a brewers win. They would end up playing a division tie breaker 2 years in a row.

Lot of HR's hit off Hader in key situations this year. He gave another one up in the 9th to the Rockies tonight.

Last edited:

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
If they win tomorrow it would be nice if they carried Joe off the field.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Will winning get them into the play offs?

Does it really matter if either the Crew or the Cards win the division?

You are just being petty
You want to lose to their rival thinking it matters for a draft choice?

You’re one of those who lives more offseasons than seasons.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I just don’t understand how this pen is 100% $hit. I thought our statistical management geniuses where suppose to relay in what pitches to make to insure success. What the heck happened to the genius crew?
The Cubs pen was best post all star break until this week.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:

baseball is my fav sport. Cubs are done tomorrow. but it's fun to see how the NL central will end up on the final day.

its been a season of streaks in the mlb.

First you had the Giants, then the Mets, then the Dbacks, and now the Brewers. But looks like the Brewers streak is pretty much over. Maybe peaked a week too early

Castor76

Liked Posts:
The Cubs weren't going to get a Top 10 pick if they lost these two games and lose tomorrow. So them winning these two games might affect draft order but if you're honestly packing you hopes on getting the 15th pick instead of the 17th pick then I don't know what to tell you because about the only thing more of a crap shoot than anything after the 10th pick in the MLB draft is anything after the 3rd pick in the NBA draft.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Depends.

If they are winning like the Astros then I can give a damn about the farm.

But they are not.

Stop acting like this team is a top shelf org.

They are not. They have make poor choices in retaining a championship calaber team and have little talent in the system.

So yes getting a better draft position will help more than beating up the Cards.

Who cares if the Cards or the Crew take home field. I don't. I don't watch post season baseball unless the Cubs are involved.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Cubs weren't going to get a Top 10 pick if they lost these two games and lose tomorrow. So them winning these two games might affect draft order but if you're honestly packing you hopes on getting the 15th pick instead of the 17th pick then I don't know what to tell you because about the only thing more of a crap shoot than anything after the 10th pick in the MLB draft is anything after the 3rd pick in the NBA draft.

I think the bigger concern is who is running the draft. Jason McLeod got kicked upstairs dealing with major league player personnel.

As long as guys like Nico are found late in the round, and guys like Yelich found at 23 and Mookie Betts found at the 172nd pick is proof of that crap shoot.

Would be nice to watch both the brewers and cardinals lose both series going into the playoffs to prepare them for the buzz saws that await them.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think the bigger concern is who is running the draft. Jason McLeod got kicked upstairs dealing with major league player personnel.

As long as guys like Nico are found late in the round, and guys like Yelich found at 23 and Mookie Betts found at the 172nd pick is proof of that crap shoot.

Would be nice to watch both the brewers and cardinals lose both series going into the playoffs to prepare them for the buzz saws that await them.

I'm not sure also. Most likely they are all involved.

But standings affects pool allotment and international spendings. They are not getting gimmes like KC and Oak are getting so a 100K or 2 goes far.

I think they end up #18 pick right now.

Holy Cow

Liked Posts:
The Cubs pen was best post all star break until this week.
Misleading stat...they were bottom tier in high leverage..seems the majority of wins were one way wins while they found multiple ways to lose.. goes in line with run differential etc