Cubs/Cardinals in London?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They won't get it. Bat is not flat and there is no running start.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Well, those will be a few less games for Bryant to be bored in St Louis presuming they take home games from each.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Can't be Mets Nats. Cubs Cards or Yankees RedSox

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
They won't get it. Bat is not flat and there is no running start.

I've tried several times over the years to figure cricket out, and I end up just giving up before I understand it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I know they are looking at the matchup to make money in London, but its a crime to take these games away from fans in Chicago and St Louis. The NFL does well with games there and mostly the teams that go blow. They will sell as many tickets with Marlins, rays.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I know they are looking at the matchup to make money in London, but its a crime to take these games away from fans in Chicago and St Louis. The NFL does well with games there and mostly the teams that go blow. They will sell as many tickets with Marlins, rays.

If you’re mlb you want cubs/cards over marlins/rays to show them your best product. It gives the best chances of catching on with as many people as possible. Floridians don’t even want to watch marlins/rays, why would British people want to go and watch? I’m all for the cubs going and I will be tempted to fly to England to watch it too if my schedule works out

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Brit's don't give a flying F. About sports created by us. They care about non American football cricket and rugby.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-popular-sports-in-the-united-kingdom.html

Sports that are common are tennis and swimming and speedway.

American football is not even top 10 there.

Sports are cultural and those sports were invented by us so it holds more value to us. Now Europe in general has taken to basketball but not the UK. Baseball has roots in Asia and the Caribbeans

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Laccross has more pull there. Just saying.