Cubs making hard push for Kimbrel

CSF77

Liked Posts:
MLB net work did a piece on him. On back to back games he has been perfect in opertunites.

You are not going to get more than a inning but Joe can go 2 games in a row with out much concern.

The pen should end up Strop as the 8th and Kimbrel in the 9th. The 6th-7th should be situational.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
MLB net work did a piece on him. On back to back games he has been perfect in opertunites.

You are not going to get more than a inning but Joe can go 2 games in a row with out much concern.

The pen should end up Strop as the 8th and Kimbrel in the 9th. The 6th-7th should be situational.
Right, thats how he was told to handle Morrow too.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Craig was saying in his interview that he was talking to Theo in the off season but the money was not there then. So this has been a ongoing situation that ramped up after the draft. It just ended up a perfect storm.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
On par for you.
On par for what? Theo said he wanted no more than 2 days in a row for Morrow. That was fact. Did Joe use him 3 in a row? Yes. Has he been hurt ever since? Yes.
Do you want to get back to letting Strop hit?

Maybe its on par for you.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On par for what? Theo said he wanted no more than 2 days in a row for Morrow. That was fact. Did Joe use him 3 in a row? Yes. Has he been hurt ever since? Yes.
Do you want to get back to letting Strop hit?

Maybe its on par for you.

Here's a fact....you are once again.....WRONG. In 2018 Morrow never worked 3 straight games without at least one day off in between. NEVER.

Try doing your homework.......

I'll take Baseball Morons for $400, Alex

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Here's a fact....you are once again.....WRONG. In 2018 Morrow never worked 3 straight games without at least one day off in between. NEVER.

Try doing your homework.......

I'll take Baseball Morons for $400, Alex

Brandon Morrow pitched three straight days (May 31, June 1, June 2) in NY. Granted he threw only two pitches in the first of those but I’d argue that for a reliever like Morrow, just being ready and able to pitch is as much if not more stress than the actual pitches.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt Theo told Joe anything on how to or not to do anything.

Joe normally will talk to the person direct. See how he is feeling. Also he has scheduled days off and on for players. That injury happened before Strop emerged. That injury allowed Strop to emerge as a closer.

That is why I said on par.

There is no conspiracy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brandon Morrow pitched three straight days (May 31, June 1, June 2) in NY. Granted he threw only two pitches in the first of those but I’d argue that for a reliever like Morrow, just being ready and able to pitch is as much if not more stress than the actual pitches.

Yep, a mistake to be sure. Not the first and probably not the last. But the point of the post stands.....Morrow was not abused by Joe or Theo. Morrow had 12 more appearances afterwards before being DL'd. He came in with a rep for being injury prone and has lived up to that. The Cubs knew that going in just like we did.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yep, a mistake to be sure. Not the first and probably not the last. But the point of the post stands.....Morrow was not abused by Joe or Theo. Morrow had 12 more appearances afterwards before being DL'd. He came in with a rep for being injury prone and has lived up to that. The Cubs knew that going in just like we did.

I would agree with this. What can be said about this was Strop had a great track record but was kinda the guy lost in the shuffle. He emerged as a legit late inning option because of Morrow's injury.

So in the end it turned out fine. They will have a quality 1-2 punch and if Morrow returns they can afford to baby. Him in in prefered situations.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The point was, that OF COURSE HE WAS NOT ABUSED BY THEO, THEO WAS TRYING TO PROTECT HIM, by setting the rule, which did not seem necessary to follow.

Are we still wondering why Maddon has not been extended?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The point was, that OF COURSE HE WAS NOT ABUSED BY THEO, THEO WAS TRYING TO PROTECT HIM, by setting the rule, which did not seem necessary to follow.

No. We are no longer wondering.

You have made it clear.

It was the two pitch outing by Morrow a month before he went on the DL that did it.

It’s completely nonsensical of course, but you be you.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nope, not wondering about Maddon at all....his .600 winning percentage, longest playoff run in team history and first WS in over 100 years speak for themselves. What I am wondering is why someone with a "Like" rating of .09 still comes here and posts his Special person theories on a daily basis.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This shit is getting stupid....

Joe was talking about Ryan and how to approach him.

He put him in against the 8-9-1 hitters.

That is what he means by lower pressure situations.

If Morrow returns I'm pretty sure that he would utilize him against the meat of the order.

So Joe has a different way of approaching his bull pen.

It is not inning 7 = Cishek.

It is inning 7 vs powderpuff = Ryan
Inning 7 vs 3-4-5 Cishek.

Morrow most likely becomes that meat of the order arm. 6th 7th 8th don't matter. Just when you are up against their best you want yours. It is simple as that.

I wouldn't try to point fingers. That is just being a ass hole.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways.

It is the trainer and player and the doctors job to make sure if a player can perform up there.

All any manager will do is take the given info and make a decision based off all of these factors.

Joe is not an ass hole. Ok. He is not out to wreck a guy's arm.

Sometimes shit happens.

Regardless if a player is getting paid to perform a job. And he gets injured. Is it the managers fault? No. If the player felt something and notified the manager and the manager tells him to suck it up and the result is injury. Well then I'm pretty sure the union would have been involved.

So this whole dialog is crap.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nope, not wondering about Maddon at all....his .600 winning percentage, longest playoff run in team history and first WS in over 100 years speak for themselves. What I am wondering is why someone with a "Like" rating of .09 still comes here and posts his Special person theories on a daily basis.
because like ratings are this generation or selfies and telling the world what they are doing on an hourly basis. like ratings lmao, what is that like a facebook badge? Maybe you should show up more often and teach us more, seems you are about as loyal as a friend that needs to borrow money and disappears til he has the money to pay back. I guess it comes from someone who believes insulting someone by calling them Special person makes them sound smarter?

This club, Renteria could have had them playing .600 ball.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I dont have much faith in Ryan. I would like to trade for one at the deadline.

We also need to get Montgomery going.
I realize I'm super late in this reply but I've not been around much the past few days. I think you're potentially selling Ryan short. Statistically I really like him. He's been let down by the defense. His strand rate is 69.8%. MLB average is around 75%. That plus he's been slightly too prone to the HR ball. his HR/FB rate is 20%. But his k/bb per 9 rates are really strong at 10.80/3.32. His FIP is probably a better overall indicator for his true talent at 3.65 and if you even out his HR/FB with xFIP he's at 3.18.

Were it me I'm not sure Ryan would be the guy I'd get rid of. I think he's a guy in a year or two from now could be a really nice piece in the pen. I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense for 2019 but i'm sort of wondering if the cubs would listen on dealing Monty. It's not so much that Monty is bad and needs to go but he's gotta have more value to some team as a back end starter than as a lefty out of the bullpen for the cubs. And he just doesn't strike me as someone who's ever going to be all that impressive out of the bullpen. He has more starter stuff than stopper out of the bullpen type stuff. And presumably with Chatwood not going anywhere they don't really need him for a long relief role.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
because like ratings are this generation or selfies and telling the world what they are doing on an hourly basis. like ratings lmao, what is that like a facebook badge? Maybe you should show up more often and teach us more, seems you are about as loyal as a friend that needs to borrow money and disappears til he has the money to pay back. I guess it comes from someone who believes insulting someone by calling them Special person makes them sound smarter?

This club, Renteria could have had them playing .600 ball.

B.S.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I realize I'm super late in this reply but I've not been around much the past few days. I think you're potentially selling Ryan short. Statistically I really like him. He's been let down by the defense. His strand rate is 69.8%. MLB average is around 75%. That plus he's been slightly too prone to the HR ball. his HR/FB rate is 20%. But his k/bb per 9 rates are really strong at 10.80/3.32. His FIP is probably a better overall indicator for his true talent at 3.65 and if you even out his HR/FB with xFIP he's at 3.18.

Were it me I'm not sure Ryan would be the guy I'd get rid of. I think he's a guy in a year or two from now could be a really nice piece in the pen. I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense for 2019 but i'm sort of wondering if the cubs would listen on dealing Monty. It's not so much that Monty is bad and needs to go but he's gotta have more value to some team as a back end starter than as a lefty out of the bullpen for the cubs. And he just doesn't strike me as someone who's ever going to be all that impressive out of the bullpen. He has more starter stuff than stopper out of the bullpen type stuff. And presumably with Chatwood not going anywhere they don't really need him for a long relief role.

Ryan is fine in low low low pressure.

Like Russell, Almora, Lester type of low pressure.

I would think be caught dead with him up against Bryant, Rizzo, Baez. Runs will happen

He is nice to have in those situations where a mistake is a guy on 1B. Not in the bleachers

Basically he keeps better arms set up for harder innings.