My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Im not sure if your trolling or just dumb.

Watch the the early 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s Jesus do you know cubs history? No i forgot, you started watching in 2016.

Prior to then it was..."this is going to be the year" each and every year and fails miserably. They were a laughing stock for decades. The loveable losers. Did you watch the cubs in August last year? You dont see the similarity? Oh wait I forgot you jumped the wagon in 16

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Watch the the early 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s Jesus do you know cubs history? No i forgot, you started watching in 2016.

Prior to then it was..."this is going to be the year" each and every year and fails miserably. They were a laughing stock for decades. The loveable losers. Did you watch the cubs in August last year? You dont see the similarity? Oh wait I forgot you jumped the wagon in 16

I know for a fact that he has been on sense other sites for the past 10+ years.

The Cubs were owned by the Trib and they were just soaking the cash cow for years. 2007-8 they were setting up a sale to Zell and stoked up the price tag. 2003 was not expected. 1998 again not expected. 89 was the end of a great era but the Trib wouldn't resign Maddux. Again showing their true colors.

So your little history lesson is fine and dandy. But it don't mean much. What matters is now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And ask your self why did they pay Sosa and gave him nothing to work with for years? Fans came in to watch Sammy jack home runs.

If the fans cared back then and held the owners accountable with low attendance then they would be expected to actually field a winning product vs a 1 man show.

And honestly Gracy was a good player but you don't win with a 1B that hits Doubles.

It wasn't until 2003 that the winning bug hit. And to be honest payroll was still low back then. 130M was about it until 2007 and the trib set up for Zell it peaked at 148Mil (60 m less than current...)

So ya we as fans should expect more.

We have seen what a greedy ownership group does. At least the Rickets actually fund a payroll that should be able to win games.

Regardless this team got the WS. If they didn't they would have been like the Green teams. Good but came up short. Or the teams of the 60-70's. Again good teams but came up short.

In my opinion we are having a pretty good time right now as fans and to not see it for what it is is pretty spoiled.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And ask your self why did they pay Sosa and gave him nothing to work with for years? Fans came in to watch Sammy jack home runs.

If the fans cared back then and held the owners accountable with low attendance then they would be expected to actually field a winning product vs a 1 man show.

And honestly Gracy was a good player but you don't win with a 1B that hits Doubles.

It wasn't until 2003 that the winning bug hit. And to be honest payroll was still low back then. 130M was about it until 2007 and the trib set up for Zell it peaked at 148Mil (60 m less than current...)

We have seen what a greedy ownership group does. At least the Rickets actually fund a payroll that should be able to win games.

Regardless this team got the WS. If they didn't they would have been like the Green teams. Good but came up short. Or the teams of the 60-70's. Again good teams but came up short.

In my opinion we are having a pretty good time right now as fans and to not see it for what it is is pretty spoiled.

Well said. Anybody can bitch about the Cubs over the years and Google for numbers and decisions that they believe back their statements.....but as a lot of us here have done, living through it and seeing it daily tells a different story. If you throw everything Ricketts and Theo has done out the window.....WS, playoffs.....all of it. They have still made a huge impact by updating the way this franchise operates to the way the game is run today. I mentioned it before....this team on paper is probably about a .500 team, but they are a very competitive .500 team. If you have that, you always have a shot.

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers

....what does that have to do with me comparing the cubs to the bears?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Still a terrible comparison to compare one of the most successful teams of the last 5 years in the mlb to one of the least successful nfl teams of the last 5

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL

cheapjeep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
Still a terrible comparison to compare one of the most successful teams of the last 5 years in the mlb to one of the least successful nfl teams of the last 5
I don't believe I asked you. Sorry yall are butthurt and only live within the last 5 years of your lives.
Did you forget 2019 no playoffs. Blowing game 163 and then blowing the wildcard in 18 to the shitty rockies 1-0 and shouldve won division... or nearly getting swept by the dodgers in 17 and its all a bunch of high fives. They sucked after '16 fess up.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't believe I asked you. Sorry yall are butthurt and only live within the last 5 years of your lives.
Did you forget 2019 no playoffs. Blowing game 163 and then blowing the wildcard in 18 to the shitty rockies 1-0 and shouldve won division... or nearly getting swept by the dodgers in 17 and its all a bunch of high fives. They sucked after '16 fess up.

I don’t believe I needed to be asked to comment on your ridiculous post...that’s how message boards work. If you think sucking is an NLCS appearance...well, there isn’t much else to say to that level of stupidity

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe I needed to be asked to comment on your ridiculous post...that’s how message boards work. If you think sucking is an NLCS appearance...well, there isn’t much else to say to that level of stupidity
Take it easy on him, he got the Corona.

cheapjeep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
Your heads way way up in some yuppies ass.

You can butt in if you want. That seems to be your liking anyway.

After a WS win I have high expectations. A 4-1 loss in NLCS is rough. Especially the way they went out....they sucked.

I see you dodged my point on no playoffs in 19 and the wildcard downfall of 18. Its easy to pick apart another comment to favor in your opinion ?

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:

You really can't. NFL has a cap in place for a even playing field and teams can do black outs to keep their fan base from soaking free games.

The Cubs have had solid sales pretty much for years and really only saw a dip when Theo took over. And that dip was still turning more profit that the Sox did.

So to be frank here. You really can't compare the two. NFL builds more through the draft and their success and failure has more to do with talent evaluation and how they spend on F/A. Cough Cuttler cough.

cheapjeep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
You really can't. NFL has a cap in place for a even playing field and teams can do black outs to keep their fan base from soaking free games.

The Cubs have had solid sales pretty much for years and really only saw a dip when Theo took over. And that dip was still turning more profit that the Sox did.

So to be frank here. You really can't compare the two. NFL builds more through the draft and their success and failure has more to do with talent evaluation and how they spend on F/A. Cough Cuttler cough.
That's fair. To be clear, I am comparing how they play throughout a season. Start off decent, hang on thru the season, playoffs look promising, and then fail. That's all. Agree or disagree its your opinion. That's how I see it. They can give you a heart attack each and every season

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Your heads way way up in some yuppies ass.

You can butt in if you want. That seems to be your liking anyway.

After a WS win I have high expectations. A 4-1 loss in NLCS is rough. Especially the way they went out....they sucked.

I see you dodged my point on no playoffs in 19 and the wildcard downfall of 18. Its easy to pick apart another comment to favor in your opinion ?

lmao pick apart the comment that YOU made. You said they sucked the year they lost in the NLCS, that’s just dumb. So is saying a playoff team sucked. Last year was the worst year in the last 5, and they were still in it till the last week of the season. Your comments are what suck

cheapjeep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
lmao pick apart the comment that YOU made. You said they sucked the year they lost in the NLCS, that’s just dumb. So is saying a playoff team sucked. Last year was the worst year in the last 5, and they were still in it till the last week of the season. Your comments are what suck

Lol you mustve been the only one still praying for a playoff spot last week of 19. Joe and the team gave up way earlier than that. Just ask Javy. He said it himself. They weren't prepared.

Let me ask you this, do the dodgers suck when they get deep in to the playoffs each and every year to fall short of a WS?

Some can say yes and some have your mind set and say no.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol you mustve been the only one still praying for a playoff spot last week of 19. Joe and the team gave up way earlier than that. Just ask Javy. He said it himself. They weren't prepared.

Let me ask you this, do the dodgers suck when they get deep in to the playoffs each and every year to fall short of a WS?

its obvious that the dodgers do not suck. In your mind there’s only 1 good team every year, and you don’t know which team it is until the seasons over

cheapjeep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
its obvious that the dodgers do not suck. In your mind there’s only 1 good team every year, and you don’t know which team it is until the seasons over

Lol I can't keep trolling you dude. Ill go back to the Flat Earth discussion now that there wont be a season this year

cheapjeep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
You probably arent good at that either

Meh. I go on shitty forums first to get my practice in. Good luck with the forum now that there wont be sports in the next 6 months

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Injury had more to do with it. Hamels coming back clunky post injury and losing Javy did not help the cause. Contreras being injured did not help the cause.

Even so Theo got a closer and a rental bat to make a stab at it. It just was not enough.

Now on that topic. I felt that there were 2 teams worth a shit in the NL. Dodgers and the Braves. The NLC was too close to each other and getting to 90 wins was going to be a challenge. The Nat's made some strong moves in the off-season that were under the radar and paid off.