Cubs Sign Ben Zobrist

beckdawg

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 16s17 seconds ago
Source: Zobrist in agreement with #Cubs on four-year, $56M contract, pending a physical.

dreadpirateroberts

–With Zobrist signed, Castro is obviously gone. Most likely to the Yankees for prospects. I hope they can snatch up Jacob Lindgren.

–This also probably means we will not be signing Heyward and keeping Soler.

–Now, I'd like to see a trade with the Rays for CF Kevin Kiermaier. He would solve our center field problems.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Da fuq?

He will be 35 in May of next year. 4 years 56 million? What da fuck were you thinking?

czman

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 16s17 seconds ago
Source: Zobrist in agreement with #Cubs on four-year, $56M contract, pending a physical.
14 mill a season for a guy entering his 35 year old season and takes him through till 38. Not sure why a young team is signing a bunch of guys who are at the very--and I mean very--end of their career. I guess the Cubs want to go from a 5 year window to a 2 year window.

I can honestly say this offseason has been my nightmare offseason so far. Tying up a bunch of money and picks in aging vets who may be done day one of next season.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
This signing is straight up dumb. 35 and changing leagues? Theo may win trades but his contracts have been shit

JZsportsfan

Have to say, I'm really going to miss Starlin. He was why I watched the Cubs there at the start of the decade. Hope he does very well for the Yankees

A.C. Milan

My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
so help me, from here in Italy i can't follow everything like you, Castro to the Yankees for who exactly?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
FUCK THIS GUY!

Now Castro is a Yankee. I hate this team right now. Traded one of my favorites to my least favorite team not named the Cardinals.

CSF77

7:04pm: The YES Network’s Jack Curry reports that right-hander Adam Warren and a player to be named later are going to the Cubs in the trade (Twitter link).

A.C. Milan

My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
i was on the team trade Castro for pitching but this is not what i meant..

czman

I don't want to overreact.................Not liking these moves. This stinks of someone grabbing all of their old favs and tossing them together hoping to relive past glory. I can't recall that ever working out well for teams in any sport. Better to sell a year early than buy a year late. The Cubs are doing the exact wrong thing. If they don't win the WS this season or next......

czman

If Heyward gets ~20 million a season and we get Zobrist for 14, and that is more than Castro, I am going to puke.